Shark Electric Skateboard by Shark Wheels

The Meepo V3 is a known good prebuilt option, and $20 cheaper than the Lycaon GR.

1 Like

Oh wow ok, yeah go with whatever you want. The GR does not dissapoint for $400

1 Like

Some good prices going on at the moment for sure, if there’s one good thing to come out of current economic circumstances it’s this.

1 Like

Haha yeah i know, I like the positivity

1 Like

What does that have to do with sharks? This is a shark board.

11 Likes

Funny man, now get out of here with your DIY board!

3 Likes

Do those motor mounts double as beer bottle openers? That would be sick! :beers:

2 Likes

I think they probably would but I would be afraid of breaking off a tooth. @akhlut went all out on those teeth. They are inset from the edge and actually different on the two mounts.

2 Likes

It’s still a preorder

1 Like

I didn’t notice that when I shared. That is lame. But I think the company will likely deliver. Personally, I would just wait until they are in-stock, but I am still getting over the Jedbox fiasco.

2 Likes

Yeah right, but the standard range Meepo V3 has a smaller battery pack than the Lycaon GR.

2 Likes

Your choice, I believe quality wise Meepo > TeamGee. Range is only greater if it works.

3 Likes

yeah you are right, but in the end they are all cheap chinese boards. :smiley:

2 Likes

I have a Shark Wheel Thin E board and was wondering if it’s possible to change the acceleration and braking curve of the ESC? From this thread I guess it’s the same as a Teamgee? The problem is it acts more like an on/off switch on initial take off and braking is a bit aggressive and not smooth like my other board, (Exway 4wd). I’m guessing it’s not programmable but thought I’d check.

2 Likes

Unlikely with that ESC unfortunately

1 Like

looks like it has 4 speed/brake modes though… likely a lingyi. changing that doesn’t help?

2 Likes

Yeah in first gear it’s reasonable but also doesn’t have much power, can’t start on much of an incline, and all the others are progressively like someone is trying to kick the board out from under you. Braking is similarly rough. I’ve been toying with the idea of trying to install a different ESC but not sure it’s worth the effort. I mostly ride the Exway but sometimes I’d like a smaller lighter board, plus I’d ride this more if it were smoother.

2 Likes

That’s interesting, I’ve ridden lingyi boards before and it was at least rideable… have you tried another remote?

When I rode an Ecomobl board with lingyi, the stock remote was terrible so I bought a Meepo m4 remote and it was way more responsive

I have not tried another remote, I figured it was all in the ESC programming. How would I pair another remote to this board? Can I use my Exway remote with it as a test?

Exway uses hobbywing ESC so that won’t work unfortunately. The Meepo remote wasn’t a huge improvement but definitely noticeable. As far as pairing it’s usually pretty straightforward