Shark Electric Skateboard by Shark Wheels

I wonder if they went with a softer duro along with a larger diameter to compensate for reduced traction for their board, they don’t really elaborate on much other than just making them bigger to fit on standard hubs.

1 Like

I really enjoy using 72mm Shark Wheels on one of my analog boards. The tread pattern seems to promote a fast ride and they work very well at kicking small stones out of the way that would stop similar sized traditional wheels. I am more interested in seeing when and at what price Shark Wheels offers the new 95mm wheels by themselves. I wonder what core they are using? Custom pulleys may be needed. I am over riding hub motors on rough roads - but plus sized Shark Wheels are pretty damn cool.

2 Likes

here’s the trailer :

here are the snippets I garnered from the clip…

• larger than normal sharkwheels
  • claimed longer rolling distance than all wheels, less resistance = more range?
  • all terrain (as with the older smaller versions)
  • no word on jittery feet (smoothness), so pneumies still rule this category.
  • looks good for sliding.
2 Likes

95mm wheels and sleeves for hubs is the only innovation here.

2 Likes

As usual all have to say is it would be interesting on a diy build.

Modify them to fit on raptor hubs or something like that.
Unless their hub motor actually packs a good punch and then just ESC+battery swap.

2 Likes

I find it ironic that their partner, Teamgee, just one-upped them by running the H20T campaign at the same time for half the price. Better board for less money.

So just buy that, and get the Shark wheels when they’re available as spares.

3 Likes

They aren’t boasting any power numbers. They spec out like every single other part lol. I would guess around 500W

AFAIK it’s 550W per hub.

1 Like

Correction it’s 600W if it’s the same as the H20T, which the Shark Power model is.

So the BKB Tayto Single has more than double the power.

Pretty sure we’re not suppose to take motors rated powers like that?
dunno, but I doubt my sk3 is capable of pulling 4000w per motor

2 Likes

@BuildKitBoards has it listed as 3000w though.

We told them we prefer Kegel cores and they listened. Somebody needs to try these … for science.

9 Likes

I might try them.

3 Likes

Saw that yesterday. Good times!

2 Likes

I’m seriously considering getting the shark thin board but haven’t done much research on eboards. What other boards should I check out that are at a similar price?

I’d be riding around a resort community with paved bike trails for leisure. I used to ride a longboard daily around my college campus 10yrs ago or so… have only ridden that long board occasionally since then but I’m still very comfortable on a skateboard. Back in college I do recall a few instances of hitting some rocks on the sidewalk and getting thrown forward though (with a heavy backpack full of books…).

Will the shark wheels design really prevent that and ride over those small rocks that otherwise might stall regular wheels? If so, that is pretty appealing to me as someone who just wants to go for a joy ride on some paved bike trails in my neighborhood.

my only apprehension is not being able to test ride it first. so what else should I check before throwing down money on a shark board?? thanks in advance guys!

Ditch that idea and go for a Meepo V3. The Shark Thin is a rebranded Teamgee H5 with Shark wheels.

2 Likes

Check out

They have the same boards are sharkwheel and teamgee, for cheaper. I can get you a discount if you want

1 Like

thank you, checking it out!

1 Like

Just ordered a set in black :slight_smile: I’m curious about these for years and now they’re big enough for eboards :slight_smile:

3 Likes