Shark Electric Skateboard by Shark Wheels

What do you guys think? Obviously it’s got a Chinese ESC and hubs (maybe custom who knows), but how thin is that board with the integrated battery? 10 ply canadian maple and 1 ply fibreglass and that’s it!

FWIW this is an established company with a history of delivering (even on Kickstarter). You can order many of their products now that’s in stock.

1 Like

They look like teamgee boards with shark wheels.

11 Likes

Now that you mention it, they both do as well as the remote.

1 Like

Do they sell replacement pulleys?

Then I would have to figure out who stole my shark wheels

It’s a hub motor board so no pulleys.

2 Likes

Oh sorry I saw the small bump out from the wheels and thought it was the pulley with no belt rendered or something.

1 Like

The thin one is the TH H9 specs at least. Wonder what makes them think they could double the price after the KS campaign?

2 Likes

The trucks, deck, enclosure and remote are all the same as teamgee… It’s a teamgee with shark wheels…

4 Likes

So the only “innovation” here is the new 95mm wheels and hub sleeves.

1 Like

I think so. There is nothing that makes me believe that this is not a teamgee board.

5 Likes

Yeah the external pack one looks to be based of the new Lycan series and the thin decks based off the H9 which means prismatic cells yay. Honestly idk though since I have never ridden them, but the owner is way overplayimg his hand with the whole best of the best angle.

2 Likes

Diff deck but enclosures dead on.

4 Likes

Meh. I was hoping for more. So the KS is just a glorified pre-sale.

I’m sorry but can someone tell me why these wheels aren’t dumb??

Anybody that had ridden those wheels for 15 minutes knows already why this is hot garbage.

6 Likes

I pushed 73mm Shark Wheels for 3 months with minimal problems, but then I have no idea how modern “good” urethane feels.

1 Like

I just don’t buy that this wheel design has any actual performance advantage over a normal wheel. Seems like a marketing gimmick

2 Likes

Their initial market was for downhill longboarding.

It was a BIT gimmicky, but their main feature is that it’s extremely difficult to get flat spots. Because of the angled ridges, you can slide almost horizontally and the wheel will keep spinning and wearing evenly. So long as you don’t slide perfectly sideways they’re great.

But for eSk8? Where we don’t want to ever lose traction?

Garbage.

6 Likes

I have shark wheels on my regular longboard for quite some time and I absolutely love them. They look super cool, are a bit faster due to less friction and they perform noticeably better/safer in wet conditions and when there is debris on the street. I can’t name a single disadvantage apart from price and that they aren’t as durable I think.
But for an esk8, I don’t know.

7 Likes

Just spoke to teamgee - they are collaborating with sharkwheels… so it’s official

6 Likes