Shark Electric Skateboard by Shark Wheels

Maybe I’ll try one if I can find a used one or something, $70 is kind of steep for something that might not make a difference. Cheapest I’ve found is this but it’s out of stock:

Off topic, is this forum capable of sending notification emails for post replies? Because I’m not getting them.

2 Likes

Found a guy on Ebay selling a brand new M4S remote, offered $40 and he accepted, showed up today and I just paired it with the Sharkwheel board, HUGE difference! Acceleration and braking are much smoother and more linear, still not as smooth as my Exway Atlas but a lot more pleasant to ride. :+1:

1 Like

Dude, nice! Glad it worked out.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I never would have thought to try a different remote.

1 Like

I’m finding the range has been dropping and acceleration on hills is weak even when recently charged so I’m assuming the pack is on it’s way out. It has the flat pouch cell LiPoly battery and I’m thinking of getting a different board that can take a small 18650 pack instead and installing the motors/trucks on that. If anyone has a recommendation for such a board and pack let me know. Also I have a spare Exway ESC and might try to use that since it’s supposed to have a motor learning mode as shown here:

I was just thinking about it and the Exway ESC runs at 50V and the Sharkwheel pack is 36V I think so I’d need to get a higher voltage pack if I wanted to run the Exway ESC. I assume I could protect the Sharkwheel motors from over volting by limiting top speed.

1 Like