setting up p42a 12s4p on stormcore 60d+

saw that too thought it was way too low, i manually changed to the values in the screenshot above

Detection ran flawless on both motors, and the plugs look great.

I did the exact same thing not with my eovan but with some OZP motors I got second hand and had a similar result, one side worked perfectly the first time and the other side refused no matter how hard I tried. I personally ended up just going sensorless on both sides and running FOC, that worked well for me. If you have a local hobby shop you might be able to tip them $20 and ask very nicely if theyā€™ll solder your sensors for you. The LHS around here is awesome and has been a massive help with a bunch of stuff (stuck grub screws twice, XT90S without waiting for shipping, advice more times than I can count, etc.)

1 Like

Temp sensor.

Iā€™ll try without the sensors. Any idea whats up with the remote calibration

remote still doesnt want to calibrate properly but i got the motor running without sensors, still the same issue the right motor refuses to move while the left one runs beautifully via my remote

Try this on the suspected bad motor.

2 Likes

If one of the motors doesnā€™t have sensors working, it may not spin up smoothly on the bench.

I would try to spin the wheel and hit the throttle. The motor should spin up fine once you give it a good push. It might not work, but itā€™s worth a try.

I just suspect more than a sensor issue if that motor is detected at 8A, Iā€™ve done detection on 2 sets of 2 of the same motor and had a very similar issue with sensors but none of the 4 motors (same OEM motors) I tested detected anywhere near that low, Iā€™m almost suspecting a poor solder joint somewhere in the phases.

1 Like

tempted to redo the ones I did but i know theyā€™re clean :confused:

This is where im at after no sensors plugged in, FOC with a remote that only goes to 67% forward and 60% back. Tried giving the motor a push and nothing. There was zero issues with running this motor before on the stock setup.

really sucks- I didnā€™t expect a motor issue, I bought the battery and esc last week in hopes of riding soon.

Anything else I can do/check for before I order a replacement motor

1 Like

really stumped why its not working when the initial detection was fine, cant find any solutions online

I tried it with some flipsky 6384s and got everything running perfect(except the remote calibration), if i could fit the bigger motors on the board i would, but im stuck with these 6374

If later you want to squeeze more power, have the ESC heatsinked well, you can probably go up to:

Motors: 115 amps (each side)
Motors: -85 amps (each side)
Battery amps: 75 amps (each side)
Battery regen amps: -25 amps (each side)

But make sure the battery is wired to handle such amps. Iā€™ve had it like this for the last 500km. 6374 Flipsky, 60d+, p42a 12s4p and I weigh 70kg.

Itā€™s getting really close to the extremes of all of these components however, so you have to keep a close eye on them at the start at least (their temps).

ive been just inputting 75/-75 as per lacroixs recommended settings. Never moved from 75a even on my lonestars

1 Like

-70*

1 Like

@Crate just a heads up, this is bad advice. Most people here would advise you to not run these settings with a stormcore and 12s4p p42a.

Im fine without squeezing extra performance, stock settings are fine to me.

Any clue about this hoyt puck not going to 100% in calibration? Its a hoyt from my lacroix which I confirmed that it does calibrate to 100% on both sides of the throttle when I last did it a few months ago

Your puck has 3 speed modes. Set it on the top speed mode and then run the ā€œsetup inputā€ vesc wizard. You want ā€œppm+uartā€ and current OR current no reverse with brake OR current smart reverse.

3 Likes

Just confirmed it was on mode 3. I took it out of my 3d printed case as it looks like the extra grip on the throttle I added, was slightly coming in contact with the case. I took it out and moved the throttle and got up to 87% and the same 60% on the reverse. Got me thinking its a puck issue but i watched it go to 100% on my Lonestar

I also resoldered the 4mm bullets, and the motor refuses to move beyond the successful detection - results still show 8a and 65a for motor current - safe to say this motor is junk? the detection works perfect tho :confused:

I opened the motor for a visual inspection and i canā€™t see much of anything besides the hall sensor wires

It sounds like you arenā€™t applying the PPM throttle mapping settings. I would watch the mboards tutorial youtube videos. Those are pretty good.

1 Like

Why the fuck do your motors have zip ties in them? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I think 60% on the brake side is normal. Mine does something like 95% accel, 60% brake or something

1 Like