setting up p42a 12s4p on stormcore 60d+

thats what im sayin’

Fixed it, got both to 100%

1 Like

How do i go about running a benchmark so i know everything is good to go before i find out while im riding it

How did you get braking to go to 100? :thinking:

which settings would I change to if i was running 35A Lishen cells (lr2170la)?

In vesc tool you would want to go into
Motor settings>general>current
From there you’ll want to Google “mooch Lishen lr2170la bench test” you’ll find bench test results for continuous discharge and multiply that by how many cells in parallel for your pack (4p) use the continuous discharge rating for the whole pack to determine battery current Max. There are a few really good comprehensive vesctool tutorials that go through this.

1 Like

I would leave battery amps at 50 per side.

Reduce battery regen amps to 12 per side. (24 total because lr217la are fast charfe at 6a).

2 Likes

For Regen ignore battery spec. You want strong brakes, your cells can take a bit of abuse.
I’m running 40a of Regen on a pack that can only “handle” 12 amps of charging.

3 Likes

I’ve always had plenty strong brakes without bumping up the regen to 40a, but I’m not a heavy guy. I’d start low on regen amps and treat the cells nice, and if -70 motor amps doesn’t give you enough brakes, sure, up the regen.

There’s probably scenarios where the abuse on the cells is not ideal. Say a steep hill climb that heats up the batteries, followed by a descent with lots of regen. Warm cells and high regen is probably far less than ideal, but like you say… if you need the brakes, you need the brakes

Shut yo skinny ass privilege up :sob:
I can barely lock my wheels at -90/-20

4 Likes