[Serious] 3D Printed Enclosure Thread

I printed it with nylon base and PETG top, you can print it from anything you like though

I`m not sure if a PLA enclosure can maybe mess up because of the ESC- temperatures. I have an open printer without enclosure and a magnetic pad so I cant print ABS…

Then you should deffo learn to print PETG which you can deffo do on your printer.

3 Likes

bumpo, looking at taulman T-Lyne and PCTPE, anyone have any experience with these?

Still waiting on a custom battery to be delivered before I make the complete enclosure.

I’ve printed a few test segments. The idea is to have a slight gap that will be filled with RTV to allow it to flex a bit.

Plan is to use M5 bolts and inserts.

2 Likes

Nylon > TPU for enclosures I would say.

1 Like

What type of nylon do you usually print enclosures with?

Ultimaker Nylon. It’s very expensive (£65 for 750g) but very good. Here’s an enclosure I made today actually.

8 Likes

Very nice! I actualy just finished editing that box so I could mount a flipshit 6.6 in it! Have you ever tried using bridge nylon by any chance? That it my next fillament experiment for enclosures.

I started to experiment with annealing of PETG…it raises the heat resistance (it will handle boiling afterwards) and becomes even stronger. Obviously there is shrinkage, but this can be accounted for.

1 Like

Oh my. Buddy, we need to get you sorted. That ultimaker ecosystem hurts my heart </3

4 Likes

Partway through my work on my V2 of my Landwheel mod, and I’m basically done with the enclosure design, partway through printing it right now in PLA+

Gonna post it here when I’m done but here’s a sneak peak

3 Likes

I do use lots of none Ultimaker filament, current collection has a few different reels in it

but I just haven’t seen any nylon in 2.85mm, would love to know of some good quality cheaper stuff available in the UK as I go through loads of it

2 Likes

Granted, but i know the machine you have is expensive, and having used it, and got to experience some of its flaws, I sympathise. nothin but love brudda.
Have you heard of a little brand called Prusa? you wont regret it

Some (most?) trimmer line is close to pure nylon, and prints very well. Hella cheap. Internet fables about taulman ordering trimmer line when they were starting out.

Downsides are, dimensions may be off or inconsistent, will have to calibrate extruder, and you’ll have to dry out the filament.

1 Like

hi
Could someone please help me edit a file just can’t do it tearing my hair our probably take someone 2 mins just need a hole filled.
thanks

1 Like

I’ve been known to fill a hole in less than 2 mins. Send over the file.

its been a while since i have, but to be fair i certainly have had my fair share :slight_smile:
man hug

Made this the past few days for my Madrid Trance Core deck. Should fit decks with similar shape. Printing as we speak. Plan is to wrap it with CF cloth. Doesn’t have to be pretty, just need it to be strong :slight_smile: STL can be found here.

2 Likes