[Serious] 3D Printed Enclosure Thread

Somehow we’re into overtime, but still going strong 25 hours later

6 Likes

Can I get more info on this? What are the larger holes for? What are the dimensions?

2 Likes

What did you change to get the screwholes to stay together? Do you think pla is enough if adding glass?

Lovely stuff, thanks for posting.

1 Like

It’s hard to know. PLA and FG will flex very differently. I don’t use PLA at all anymore. PLA+ is just as easy to print and way all around.

It’s definitely a big improvement. I would make sure the flange is thick and more importantly, where it transfers into the main body of the enclosure is well filleted. Use metal washers and foam gaskets, don’t overtighten.

2 Likes

Moving along. Just need to print the end pieces.
It’s a little more snug then I expected. Guess I’ll be using thin foam lol.

5 Likes

Are those the QB batteries? 1P? Very nice. Doing 2p 21700 myself on the same deck

1 Like

Yep 10s1p qb26800

I have a big box of 21700 just in case I hate this battery lol

2 Likes

You’re not worried the hot heatsink will deform the box? Or maybe the heatsinks just get warm not hot?

1 Like

TPU printed. MBS Comp95 Deck.
My first attempt.

10 Likes

How hard was it to remove the supports? TPU has been messy for me when it comes to removing supports.

1 Like

Support is this part.
The support is peeled off by hand.
There are no major difficulties.
My challenge was how to combine blocks.
I decided to connect with screws.

2 Likes

So Far So Good… with the size of those heat sinks running in cooling air I’ve had zero over heating probs!

1 Like

looks really good, and with a slight redesign could be made with zero supports!!! But if it’s no issue for you… why bother!.. I’d really like to hear what you think about a TPU enclosure after a few hundred cycles…

1 Like

I am worried that TPU filaments can be softened by the heat of midsummer.

1 Like

yup… PS don’t ever leave that board in your car on a hot summer day!

1 Like

That design looks pretty awesome. I wouldn’t mind having the files if you’re going to post them. What type of fiberglass and epoxy do you use?

Ends printed, don’t mind the beat to shit motor, it’s just for test fitting, that’s what happens with Paris trucks lol.

I may make a new front end cap, I had to extrude the piece to get enough room inside for the vesc. It could use a little design to follow the rest

6 Likes

I’ve gotta say, that’s one of my favourite 3d printed enclosures to date. The aesthetic of it is pretty freaking cool.

Question for everyone here, nylon VS tpu for enclosures, what would you prefer? I’ve been thinking tpu, but as we said here, tpu doesn’t do well under heat. Nylon has some of that same strength and give as tpu, but obviously without the heat weakness

2 Likes

Hi mate. Awesome enclosure! Did you print it with PLA ?