Semendeed 46 (Race Deck/Enclosure) - Expressions of Interest

Thanks Andy :pray:

I don’t have a great deal of motivation to make a mountainboard… with the likes of Haero and MBS, the bar is set pretty high… not sure of what I could really bring to the table there.

4 Likes

So i did costings on this and it comes out pretty much at

$750AUD for beta
$1050AUD retail

For the deck and enclosure.

I also checked shipping to US with DHL… $500AUD :sweat_smile:

I’d like to be able to make them cheaper but that’s just what it is for now.

We’re all set to roll on with this beta and we’ll see what happens from there!

4 Likes

Fair fair

1 Like

Is that shipping quote for one board and enclosure?

1 Like

Thats very expensive, but I would actually say that compared to what i see at this thing’s main competition (The Redember Jotnar) it is still price competitive. The Jotnar is also $700 US including enclosure. The real issue then is shipping. Maybe you could send a bunch to someone in the US to distribute domestically at a lower cost? the total shipping would still probably come out quite high but maybe not +%50 to asking price high.

5 Likes

Yeah I’d love to be part of a group buy if there are people who are down.

Yeah :rofl:

Wow, nearly bang on the same.

Above all else, this has been a passion project for me so cost and ‘competitiveness’ were never really considered. Part of our main drive to start Full Send was to make DIY more accessible to the Australian market. Considering that shipping rates coming from US to Aus are probably quite similar, it is definitely gonna be an attractive price point for the convicts.

Can definitely look into this, seems like a wise approach :+1:

3 Likes

AUS post should have better rates for large box shipping. Or at least it did when I bought a figure off of someone who lived in Australia. Which was also a large box but just more volume and less length.

That was in the middle of the pandemic too when the price would have been higher due to limited freight options.

Auspost won’t ship anything over 1m long

4 Likes

Just make an easily shippable non-convict edition:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: that’s gonna be a no from me dawg.

I had a look around at some alternative shipping companies today and it appears there are some far more attractive prices from other couriers.

3 Likes

Just pack 10 decks together in your luggage and fly over. Ask 250 shipping for each, have a nice romantic dinner with Andrew and call it a day :relieved::man_shrugging:

15 Likes

Its been a while… but the beta was completed ( pics ) and there are at least 3 of these bad boys on the road and doing exactly what they are meant to do.

I’ve been approached to make another one of these, but I didn’t quite get my finishing process for the decks down in the first beta, so i’m opening this up again for another 3 deck/enclosure combos.

Please let me know via PM if you’re interested, price will be the same at 750AUD. The last beta saw decks sent to the UK and the US and shipping was right around 200AUD.

Timeline will be a lot quicker for this round, could have them all finished within a couple of weeks from payment.

The only documented build here is @JeffyJ Need 4 Speed build, but it’s an excellent example of what can be achieved!

6 Likes

Damn if I hadn’t already blew through my budget for the year

3 Likes

Sell your body, all the cool kids are doing it

3 Likes

I may be a little biased but couple this deck/enclosure with a set of SRB 3-links and you’ll have one hell of a race board. Low to the ground, wide standing platform, nice drop to lock feet in for hard acceleration, stable at speed and plenty of maneuverability for short track. Not to mention, sexy as fuck!

6 Likes

2 spots left!

Fuck me sideways. If I didn’t already have a Demonseed 44 and a sexy @glyphiks enclosure staring at me, I would be all over this.

2 Likes

It’s a rare opportunity! Only Skatan knows how long this mold will last!

2 Likes

1 spot left :flushed:

3 Likes