*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

Not sure if this is big brain or shitty diy

3 Likes

it’s solid!

2 Likes

You have a diagram and BOM for this?

nope just 8AWG copper grounding wire and a bunch of (10-1000uf) caps from Fry’s with high enough voltage rating.

3 Likes

So I’m seeing a 2.2uf, 22uf, 1000uf and some other 50V ??uf cap in there. Can you say what I’m missing?

100uf

2 Likes

Why use the tiny 2.2 if you have the 1k and others? Does that really add anything to the bank?

For filtering purposes.

So are they not all in parallel then?
Just curious cause if they are then the tiny ones seem rather ineffective…

They are. depending on cap value you have different cutoff frequency.
more cap values = filtering at many points. Thats why you rarely see a single decoupling cap but rather a uF value and a nF value, in parallell. (in consumer electronics)

In these case they’re bulk caps for power inlet, so the filtering purpose isnt the main intent, but thats my best guess why he would have many different ones.

2 Likes

Hello friends. We have small problem with neoBOX6 which we already fixing. One kind of capacitor break in SMT machine and we just plan for replace all, so need maybe 1-2 day more and can sending all. I share photo of neoBOX case later, is very busy time now because we need to catch up many project.

20 Likes
31 Likes

:heart:

I almost feel you should give raw as an option too

15 Likes

We want raw!
We want raw!
We want raw!

11 Likes

That got dirty, real quick

13 Likes

No raw option for now sorry.

13 Likes

NEOchrome?

8 Likes

Looking nice :blush:

Is your factory 100% up and running again? What about the rest of Shenzhen, are most people back to work already?

5 Likes

Not 100% no. Still more than 200 worker not back for working and many factory is still close. Is very strict for open now and need many check by government.

13 Likes

Sorry in advance Jeff my Chinese is awful you English is way better than my Chinese. Dose this mean the pick and place machine was a bit heave handed and some times braking the component as it was placing them.