*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

Looks nice! Can’t wait to see them by the container full. :smile:

1 Like

Is this an example of a fully functional unit?

1 Like

Love this so far!
Any pics of the heatsinks yet? :eyes:

3 Likes

Yes. Is full working and tested.

5 Likes

I share video of cnc later.

5 Likes

Ok thank you. May I ask what is the discoloration on and around the bottom right fet?

7df94905b6cc9b99494b2a549e1a1f61fa892cb6_2_562x1000

5 Likes

Looks like the corner of the PCB breakaway wasn’t clean, not a problem because theres no trace there, but I do think something is wrong with that SMD FET.

1 Like

Is just some mark from glue. Pcb is clean before finish. Component is ok and already test.

5 Likes

Are those capacitors better than the ones on the original focbox? They seem half as short

Original FOCBOX caps for reference, same rating as the new ones.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t it be better to have more powerful caps if there is space? Or does it hurt to have too large a cap? (Some people have arrays of different caps to resist voltage spikes induced by long battery wires)

2 Likes

ooo, did someone say caps? :crazy_face::clown_face: mmm caps.

4 Likes

SO much caps, so long cables, kind of defeats the entire purpose? :exploding_head:

10 Likes

Nah, it’s a 200IQ move – have the wires close to one another to build up even move capacitance :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I heard somewhere that ESCs with integrated antisparks are very picky with caps… Idk if these have AS tho.

If use bigger cap then all need bigger sizing. Case need be larger. Is same size for focbox.

5 Likes

I meant longer of the same diameter, on the original focbox the cap extends to the edge of the PCB

Large cap is bigger diameter and length.

2 Likes

yeah, but they were much shorter than my battery wires which were ran on opposite sides of the deck… at least the caps eliminated overcurrent faults I was constantly getting. I use a smaller cap bank right at the ESC connectors now.

14 Likes

Holy mother of god thats alot of solder :sweat_smile:

10 Likes