*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

None of these will do. They need to be custom made to fit.

first, their whole catalog isn’t listed there, and secondly the case can be made to fit an existing grommet, doesn’t need to be custom molded unless you want to brand it

1 Like

You are correct, but cutouts are not standardized.
It makes no deference to me. I will make my own case and I will be happy with good working boards. End of story.

1 Like

Yes. I know. This is not my first rodeo.

12 Likes

thas nice

Bike mount? I would be interested :yum:

2 Likes

We literally asked for a smaller case, better standoffs, better screws and better cutouts for waterproofing and we got it. What more do you want?

5 Likes

lol, just the one thing I’m griping about, being able to easily remove the PCB

2 Likes

Use bullets that are the same size as the cutout for power and phase? Then the leads will just slide out right

2 Likes

hmm, don’t forget the grommet, not gonna be easy to squeeze through a bullet and that’s assuming a lot of flexibility I think

I would very much like to see a pcb installed and siliconed in this case, till then it is a lot of assumptions

3 Likes

We should have just kept the focbox case design honestly and just CNCd it, would have been so much better

4 Likes

I can understand this design being beneficial to the maker of a ready to ride electric skateboard, it has its advantages in that scenario, where the user never sees it or touches the ESC. For the diy demographic it’s not ideal but many would be able to deal with it, it just adds a caveat to consider.

2 Likes

would be cool to be able to buy the populated pcb’s without a case, and save on the expense of the case

6 Likes

that was previously discussed as a possible future option, I would definitely go for that, I’ve only used custom heatsinks 🤷😛
I would even take the PCB with no leads and electrolytic caps unsoldered :rofl:

6 Likes

Honestly who cares about 3D design renders on instagram. JEDboars is still posting production photos on their insta for christ sake. All I care about is shipping updates, as we were promised. He said end of April, it’s now almost May 4th. First week of May wraps up without an update I’m sure.

3 Likes

The Focbox case design would be much more expensive to manufacture, this one is a much more CNC friendly design. The Focbox one was designed for injection molding

2 Likes

This bike case is for an old VESC 4.12. Once I will get NEO HW6 I will design a new case and go from there. But, like I said, it will take a month or so before dust settles. You guy just hold on tight. :smiley:

3 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Vendor ID Discussion

Dang merges topic.