*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

The neobox looks a bit taller.

3 Likes

It is a few mm taller yes

Ah so the heatsink is the curved side and the lid is flat?

1 Like

Yep

8 Likes

Logged another quick ride today. Pushed them a little harder

7 Likes

What extra pad?.. Could you circle it?

Edit :

My thought exactly

unfortunately a couple of my logs from today didnt save :pleading_face:. I went for distance this time and not pushing it. Recharging and going out later on to push it a bit more.

And a couple of the really quick test rides from yesterday.

So far besides pushing a couple times too high motor amps, saturating the stator and getting thrown off a couple times from motors spaZzing out (Solid at 80, at 120 my motors aren’t friendly) I’ve had no issues to report yet.

All the issues I’ve had is with external hardware such as metr acting strange on my phone and not recording when I lock my phone sometimes, or davega turning off or going to the white screen (although I downgraded the firmware, going to update it tonight, and it happens right when [my damn remote started running out of battery too today cause I forgot to charge it] my remote would shut off) and give the new vesc firmware a try with HFI after riding tonight.

Edit: went out just now to test motor amps… at 85A is where I start getting tiny weirdness… 90 is still stable but obviously very off at Max throttle… 100 and 110 are just progressively worse to the point where 110 is just spaz. I think it’s too much there. 84A is completely clean. I’ll try again not on Acks but the latest 4.x tonight hopefully after charging and motors cool and food.

For some reason on this same setup with focboxes I could run 120 motor amps and reach 110 motor amps completely stable with no spazzing… it might me some quirk with motor detection maybe? I found out also why my logs were stopping… my metr app freezes up when I rotate to portrait and back requiring me to force close, and the logs don’t save. I’ve locked to portrait mode for testing from here on. Here’s the second half of my bit of pushing motors and find tuning to find their limit on these ESCs/firmware:

11 Likes

yeah it was just the silkscreen under the cap that looked like a pad with solder

2 Likes

To your defence, three terminal caps exist :slight_smile:

1 Like

Testing will start soon :ok_hand:

13 Likes

Some good work on the logs guys.

I can see you guys spiking the motor amps hard and running high amps for 30 seconds or so too in those logs and all looks great with temps. Keep it coming.

14 Likes

It spins. :+1:

18 Likes

I considered redoing them. Is that lead free solder?

The rest were good. I was going to finish a 12s 40t pack for this, but I am just going to tape lipos to the deck like old times.

14 Likes

Yikes that middle solder joint is looking crusty :eyes:

And I see at least one solder ball… :confused:

You have any green liquid on yours?

Also our white silicone has the same speckled shit on it… I don’t think these were cleaned at all

Ugh

5 Likes

my phase wires have plenty of tin soaked in them so i figure I should swap them out. not sure i can do this while leaving the pcb mounted on its plate

1 Like

First test today, 27km ride and I pushed it pretty hard already (see Metr Pro log). The vescs definitely endured a lot of vibrations (more than the board endures on a standard ride), I went through the forest, bumpy grass fields and rocky field roads. On road I went full speed on some parts on my way home. Temps peaked at 74 which is also due to the vescs being in the same case as the battery and having only a small gap for cooling in the enclosure. Anyway I did not hit temperature cutoff. Just after I was done with the ride I measured the case/heatsink temps which were around 44 degrees celsius.

The response and controll of the board feels similar if not identical to my old focboxes which I guess is good thing! It was an awesome ride, looking forward to keep testing these babies.

DavegaX log:

13 Likes

That solder job on those phase wires is horrendous!

9 Likes

Mine were good, maybe a quality control issue

12 Likes

We have changed supplier for our pre tinned cables. They had some problems with quality. So it can be fixed for production batch.

13 Likes

Good work Jeff, that’s what the test phase is for. Shouldnt that have been picked up in QC though?

3 Likes