*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

I’ll call anyone buying from that shop a fuckwit. With all the evidence we have pointing that store to Jason there is no reason why any cunt should be allowing that shit to happen

7 Likes

I mean this is true but if they actually get it, its kind of the mindset of the unity still being the best dual speed controller until the stormcore is out… like if they can get it, then they want it

idk man I wouldn’t risk buying from there or supporting jason but at the same time I get why they’re attempting it

Hey guys remember when a chinese man came here and claimed he worked on electric cars. Dude he made an awesome esc… What was his name again, does anyone remember that story? Fun times back then.

Also i got my refund too, feelsgood

5 Likes

Finally filed my claim. I was kind of hoping to have some cool unobtainium but oh well. Rather have money.

3 Likes

Ok, was out of the loop for a bit here. Can someone please correct+summarize what went down here in a tldr? I can’t seem to find it using search.

We thought Jed’ was posing as Neo, it turned out to not be true, white’ish gray lies? parts were made but delayed, people want money back? Neo kinda slackin on it, but people kinda still want it? Ride or die?

5 Likes
6 Likes

JeffWu lied about his involvement/business with Jedboards repeatedly, got caught in that lie, ghosted.

Some stuff shipped but it universally appears to be largely over-hyped, low quality/effort stuff. Nothing that leads me to believe he actually possessed his claimed engineering/production prowess.

He was taking pre-orders for production before the beta units were even in hand, and that’s where most of these refunds are coming from now as people bailed. As far as anyone can tell there was never any real difference between ‘beta & production’, which makes sense given that he didn’t even wait to beta test before allegedly starting production.

Big hype, lies, and ultimately failed to deliver what was promised.

Accurate summary guys?

22 Likes

I think their bamboo decks look damn similar lol.

He talked huge game for sure, but his short run didn’t show the performance.

Would be cool to see what he could do non-covid :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

9 Likes

just watch the whole show again… I’d turn out eggzakery the same

HINT:

if’n you watch the whole thing backwards it has a much happier ending…

7 Likes

Yes, especially if you look at each offering on its own:

neo deck: unsound manufacturing grain approach led to splitting, many damaged in shipping, some with ill-fitting lids. Few returns processed.

neo hubs: promised they would work with Otang sleeves but they don’t. Pretty big miss there.

neo ESCs: though operationally fine for the most part and look pretty good, in practice not very well-designed for actual use, solder balls left behind, cold joints, overall sloppiness.

12 Likes

FTFY. :grinning:

4 Likes

I just gave a shot at a quick summary a few posts up:

4 Likes

Wait, is it a scam? It was alive, then it wasn’t. You just might be late.

Edit, apologies, the second round sounds like typical Esk8 tears. I gave mine to a mod. Sorry this didn’t work out. Fucking Jeff.

2 Likes

But it was indeed real at the start

I thought you got a refund, didn’t you?

3 Likes

I remember that, I thought it was weird telling him this laminate on its own was weak, because in my mind he knew what he was doing. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Thanks for the summary confirmation above, team.

TLDR regarding Neo and Jeff wuneo is post #4594

1 Like

d00d so far as I can see you live in a glass house

2 Likes

Hy guys
I was looking forward to get 2 of those neo boxes in future but as this project went into strange directions i quit this idea
Now i want to ask which is a good vesc to go for?
Currently im running 2 focboxes on a 12s setup i just want to know what to go for if one of them smokes out.
I need to go for 2 single vescs because of my board setup.
Thx very much for your input

1 Like