Safety is paramount|Post your safety gear pix

LOL, a butterfly would be why I end up in the hospital XD

1 Like

If anybody needs a new 2020 lazyrolling hoodie with pads HMU. I got the wrong size :sob:

1 Like

Too many options for butt pads. What do. Iā€™m aware of hillbilly, have other plans for those.

Contenders:

Triple 8 Bumsaver

Bohn all season riding shorts

Dainese Hard short E1

Leatt 3DF 5.0

Knox defender Mk3

Anything from this, probably bodyprox
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=butt+crash+pads&ref=is_s

Right now Iā€™m leaning towards

Leatt 3DF 5.0
Dainese
Bodyprox

Obviously there are lazyrolling pants, I donā€™t think they have tailbone protection tho, and theyā€™re waaay too expensive to basically have to hope you guess your size right for the time beingā€¦

1 Like

Saved my butt many times. And they are comfortable.

2 Likes

Youā€™re thicc bro

6 Likes

Dainese or alpinestars bionic shorts. You need hard pads to slide

Iā€™m talking for wearing under, not over. All Iā€™m after is padding for hip impacts, not slides, and tailbone impacts. I guess sliding is technically an answer to both of those, but I guess Iā€™m more looking at cushion padding, not sliding.

Areas of polymer are however helpful in the even of if I get slid hard enough for jeans to rip thru, but I havenā€™t really had that yet in accidents that have bruised up my hips/tailbone

Wait maybe Iā€™m being dumb right now

Basically, I think hillybilly pads are my ideal for speed run/race wear. Looking for something more streamlined and compact for casual 30mph+ tho. Canā€™t look too Superman around college.

Then go with leatt 3df shorts or any shorts with d3o foam

Flatland gloves are definitely light duty stuff. Tbh, thatā€™s what I bought them for - my fault for trying to use them for more than that.

Properly fitted glove literally slid right off of my hand inā€¦ not that bad of a crash in the grand scheme of things. Luckily, I didnā€™t get too badly damagedā€¦ But damn. Glove came right off :open_mouth:

Have had the exact same crash situation in the cheapest slide gloves triple 8 offers and they hold tight. If youā€™re going over 30mph for most of the ride, you should probably have something slightly beefier than flatland, or modify them a bit so that they really cinch around the wrist.

2 Likes

You wouldnā€™t have the same problem with Knox Orsa MX gloves.

2 Likes

Do they have a unidirectional wrist brace like the flatlands? Tbh, thatā€™s the only thing they really have going for them. I bought them to be something compact, quick to put on, with enough protection for light runsā€¦ but honestly, theyā€™re not very compact at allā€¦

Not like the new FL3D, no. These are designed as an MX glove. Have saved my hands a couple of times already.

Do you guys reccomend Sector 9 BHNC gloves?

• Do they breathe well?
  • Are they comfortable?

I donā€™t really plan on using the slide pucks, maybe in my non remote handā€¦ But will they hold up after a fall?

Hopefully someone here has used em before

If you hate them, reccomend me something light, durable and breathable thatā€™s not stupidly expensive (please :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I ordered some because I couldnā€™t find their DD lightning gloves for sale anywhereā€¦ Iā€™ll let you know what I think when they arrive friday

1 Like

When did you order them?

1 Like

I ordered them on April 22nd

1 Like

My friends have these, the finger tips are really rigid in my opinion compared to leather ones.

2 Likes

Xion freeride shortsā€¦ Just a bit more $ then the Dainese hard shorts.
Xion uses 3DO, alot of coverage for coccyx, hips and, seat. Pads are removable. Low profile.

1 Like

Hey Guys, Iā€™ve been trying to order protective gear - Iā€™ve ordered the 187 killer pads for elbows, knees and wrist guards but Iā€™m confused about what kind of helmet I should get. Full face/ chin protective or just the head. MIPS needed or not ?
would love some advice

1 Like

Iā€™d recommend full face or MTB with MIPS. For fast speeds (40mph plus), something MC rated would be good.