I don’t ride with anything else now.

7 Likes

11 Likes

Work in progress, thanks to @BigBen :+1:t4:

6 Likes

I upgraded my safety gear with hip and knee

protection

3 Likes

Gotta love the reflective tape, I need to add that on my gear!

1 Like

didnt take it for a ride yet… as you can see.

3 Likes

The gear did its job well yesterday :call_me_hand:

10 Likes

Glad you’re ok and safe. So Fox Launch elbow pads are 1 time use?

I think it all depends how fast and how hard you go down. I already had another good slam with them where the hard shell took the brunt of things and they were still good to go. This last fall was over 30mph so they didn’t stand much of a chance

2 Likes

I should have listened I was testing my new build this weekend with @Techb. I didnt have elbow or knee pads on because its hot.
My remote got squirrel a couple times and I was being lazy and didnt want to stop the fun to tweak the settings .

My body looks the same .
I ordered new loaded v7s my landyatchz got shredded.
Got the wind knocked out of me pretty bad and had to take a minute to get myself in order. I took an unneccasary risk and paid a price. I’m not as young as I used to be . man! I’m hirting right now .

8 Likes

Keep it safe and wear protection man, I can’t remember my last fall, over an hour missing from my life. Shudder to think how it could have turned out if I wasn’t geared up.

3 Likes

had a bug fly in my helmet today and start tweaking out on my face because the visor was up. PUT YOUR VISORS DOWN WHEN GOING FAST

4 Likes

I ordered a syreet bike exo suit yesterday . I’ll look like shredder from ninja turtles but its worth it to be protected.

1 Like

Tsg - Kevlar sweater with 3do in shoulders and some troy lee in elbows - puck gloves - hill billy pants - tsg thaoe cap air knees.

All this for when I think I need to be fully padded up.

Like the tsg knees for cursing but will upgrade to their downhill knees for when I am doing riding and expect to fall now and then.

Needs to upgrade my gloves as well.

Seriously considering leather for my “sports ridding”.

5 Likes

6 Likes

So in Australia and in some other countries Draggin Jeans has a good name in MotorCycle gear. They make a kevlar lined and CE padded / back protected hoodie too, have been for longer than most.

Not too expensive either, note the price in the link below is in AUD and they can be bought at most any reputable MC store off the rack.

1 Like

I had a butterfly find its way into my TGS pass helmet while at speed (with visor down), at first I was totally impressed it landed on my visor and strayed there, totally freaked when I realized it was inside :slight_smile:

6 Likes

HAH WHAT :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

5 Likes

Probably a dumb question, but for those familiar with MIPS helms, is there any sort of indicator on the MIPS lining that it’s been activated during a crash? Does that degrade at all?

2 Likes