Rusins' 1st Mountainboard | Trampa Holypro | Jump drives | 12s8p

On a scale from 1-10, how stupid would it be to have the ESC in a fanny-pack attached to my leg below the knee, and then the battery in the back-pack?

2 Likes

7 Likes

What’s the reasoning? Way I see it, is more shit to don/doff every time you want to ride. Having an umbilical cord is enough effort thank you very much.

3 Likes

Reasoning is that I don’t want 6 long phase wires and sensor wires going between the back-pack and the board; with the ESC on my knee I can have less wire length overall. This board won’t be for commuting, so setup time is not an issue.

2 Likes

Here’s for the inspiration https://youtu.be/aFyFLfCMdFY

3 Likes

Girls rule boys drool :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

If anyone in the EU is looking to upgrade to Apex trucks in the near future, I would love to buy your used Matrix 2s!

3 Likes

Thats not the right attitude! :smiley:

4 Likes

Gotta try something cheap first to justify the upgrade later :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Anyone selling their Matrix 2 trucks yet?

@EboardSolutions I see you’re out of stock now too; any ETA when you’ll have more?

2 Likes

Atbshop.co.uk?
Also, do you need wheels by any chance?

2 Likes

Thanks! I have wheels; ordered them from atbshop a month ago :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Remember to not get the plastic baseplates with those trucks

2 Likes

I have 2pcs left now and have a new delivery next week, send me a PM if you want to order them now :wink:

2 Likes

Just dont have the wire loose hanging, best to take some velcro straps and strap the cable close to your leg and let it for example split off at the binding with some play there.

If its flying around there is a 100% chance a treebranch, bushes etc grab it and disconnect it.

3 Likes

In case you are falling and jump off the board will the cable disconnect?

1 Like

With bindings on there will be no jumping away from the board :stuck_out_tongue:

Also Frederick sorted me out with the trucks. Theoretically I should have all the parts I need ordered, but I will probably get some Flipsky 140kv 6384 motors once nexusboards has them in stock. Will also only have a 12s3p p42a battery to start off with. Once I know my consumption I’ll know how many cells to order for real.

3 Likes

Here she is –

• Trampa 35 degree Holypro bought used from 3DS
  • MBS F5 bindings
  • MBS Matrix 2 trucks
  • Moon drives (9:44)
  • Flipsky 6384 motors
  • MBS Rockstar 2 wheels
  • Apex 8" Shit-slinger tires
  • Using my backpack 12s3p moli battery
  • Maker X DV6 (currently a stormcore because I couldn’t bother soldering)
  • And because I’m not using a Davega, I figured I’d use my OSRR remote to see my remaining battery, lol

Well, here’s the issue – it’s fucking snowing

And these tires BARELY have any traction. I can go a bit faster than a pedestrian, but slower than I could on a bicycle.

So I need your guys’ help again!

I definitely need different tires. And probably 4WD would help a lot too. I really hate Matrix 2s from a drivetrain assembly standpoint – getting the Moon drives on was tough, and one of them is clearly not perpendicular to the axis. Hopefully the gears survive…

@moon I was thinking I could buy that single Luna hanger you have, lol, and 2 more drives.

But what about the wheels? Apparently rockstar 2s only go up to 8", so I’m kinda pissed I didn’t get fivestars or something from Trampa that could allow me more versatility from the start.

I don’t think I want studded tires because they ruin the ground, and I don’t think they’d help against thick snow anyway. I currently have my eye on Trampa’s 9" mudpluggers, but I’m wondering if others have better suggestions?

I’ve also read through @Andy87 's ICE CRUSHER thread, but I really don’t want to mess with non-standard hubs for 10"+ and mounting them.

I also wish I could do what @jack.luis did and tie a rope around the tires, but I can’t do that because I have gear drives :frowning:

10 Likes

I guess there’s also the option of giving up on mountainboarding in the snow, and just build an ebike for commuting lol

1 Like

I’ll be honest, with 9" mbs tires and a good amount of snow, it was just like riding in mud. I could go forward and turn gently, but if you slow down too much, you’ll still get stuck spinning tires and melting snow.

I’m in the same boat. I want to have more control in the snow but also don’t think I’ll have clearance with the chains @janpom showed off the other day.

4 Likes