Ruroc Helmet Review

Ruroc has everything working for them with exception of having a great esk8 helmet. Their current snow/sk8 has about runout its cool factor. Time for a Ruroc redesign with safety being #1 and cool #2. You can have both.

4 Likes

Dont even touch… they need to get their redesign act together

He is talking about the Ruroc Atlas which is sort of decent.

3 Likes

Yea as Taz said, I was referring to the weight of their bike helmet - Atlas :+1:

2 Likes

Hmm… if only it was in the crazy chrome!

You guys sure enjoy the ruroc hate, I don’t claim that it is the ultimate helmet in any way and agree that for 30mph+ you should use a DOT rated MC helmet, which I also do when I’m going for speed runs.

The ruroc is expensive for sure but lots of people are willing to throw up the cash for it, mostly because of its amazing looks I guess, which is why i bought mine in the first place aswell. At that time I never went above 30mph though.

What I’m trying to say here is that the helmet is a decent one, I see many people using regular sk8 helmets bought at the local sports shop for their high powered boards and in that case I would argue that a ruroc helmet offers better protection. It’s not for speed demons but for casual eskaters on their evolves it’s definitly good enough.

I’ve crashed at 32mph smashing my head to the tarmac and my ruroc helmet did a splendid job of protecting my dumb ass head, not even a headache after the crash. Helmet intact aswell after inspection.

Again, for high speeds definitly use a DOT rated helmet, for casual group rides I love my Ruroc, it’s light, looks great, doesn’t put a lot of pressure on the head during longer rides, still offers decent protection

3 Likes

Here are a few details on DOT rating.

TLDR: DOT relies on the manufacturer to do the testing and does spot tests AFTER the helmets have hit the market. No all DOT helmets get to be tested by DOT and from those that do, approximately 20% fail.

6 Likes

Clever video; had no idea about the history of DOT rating thanks for sharing!

fwiw i still miss Sir W.A. Termelon, great guy but found him full of vodka at too many parties in younger years. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Why would anyone buy a ruroc when you can get a tsg pass for less Tha than 200 on Amazon ? I mean, the pass is better in every way and you don’t need to disassemble the whole mouth guard to remove it…

2 Likes

Because of it’s supacool sci-fi design, I suppose…

1 Like

Just stopped by to tell any readers there is yet someone else who says “Don’t buy Ruroc helmets” mkay bye again

4 Likes

Honestly, I miss my ruroc. Looked super cool and the shockwave Bluetooth speakers was convenient.

1 Like

You can put a bluetooth communications device on almost any helmet.

2 Likes

@taz

Which helmet model is that?

Passes are 300+ now unfortunately :expressionless:

Link or gtfo lol

2 Likes

Bell MX-9 Adventure MIPS

https://www.bellhelmets.com/motorcycle/p/mx-9-adventure-mips-dirt-bike-helmet/250040000300000001.html

2 Likes

There is one for 127€ in S.
Probably just for EU people thou…

TSG Pass Pro Solid Color Helm https://www.amazon.de/dp/B078FBVHH1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_C-UGEbFNQ9SK6

One for 183€, so close to 200$…but… only S as well
TSG Pass Solid Color Helm, matt Black, S https://www.amazon.de/dp/B002UQ99JA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_DaVGEbSHTFGA7

For most of us S will not fit, but i also wouldn’t look only on amazon for a tag pass

3 Likes

Even got another one for 160 euros a year ago.
Not even mentioning that I bought mine ( golden pass pro ) for 100 euros on the French esk8 forum…

1 Like

Need adult sizes

2 Likes