Roxie display (based on DAVEga OS)

I see you guys dig that idea. I have new one (call it plan A2)

Here it is bellow, read it all :slight_smile: let me know what you think

• Here is my analysis Based on this device we could
  • repurpose led bar as addressable blinkers by adding 3 pin connector for L and R buttons input (and changing trigger in the code from forward/backward from can to buttons input) or keep front and brake wled and add trigger and output for left right blink on a longer strip

• repurpose buzzer to alarm (add armed mode into blynk app, with ebrake full up on movement ) (or one of normal light output can be used for alarm siren, freeing buzzer io)

• uart is used to speak to display (display button used to turn on headlight over uart light) (can to vesc)

• up on mode change message (1/2/3) push vesc parameter change over can ? May be possible (no need to store specific setting in eprom, just push specific message to set rpm limit 1 rpm limit 2 rpm limit 3)

• than creat if command based on different triggers like (twice brake over 50%, + mode one, + mode hold sec) to send 9999 rpm limit = result is default police mode with quick and hard to guess unlock

Best part is that all of that looks doable as speed calculation already known as per link above!

Mode and light from display to cotnorller is not encrypted.

Adc and brake go to vesc directly

——-
More over display has VBAT - after rfid unlock it send wake up to controlle, so we can use same line to wake up rESCue as it takes up to 75v
Or we can wake it up with display and use rfid activation line as alarm on / off.

• if rfid was not unlocked / no controller wake up signal but motion detected than alarm and controller is woken and ebrake max message sent for 5sec after no more movement (ebrake will over power adc by default), if rfid was unlock than operation as normal*

This would not require screen changes than

1 Like

Hi, friend!
Can I use an Arduino Nano ATmega 328P for this project?
Tnx

1 Like

No sorry, only nano every

Dear Charclo,
I made my display according to your instructions. Thank you very much, everything seems to be working well!
But I noticed one strange thing: buttons 1 and 2 actually do the same thing - they switch the basic and advanced screen, which displays data from only one controller to which the display (ESCB) is connected.

This is fine?
Or the second button should switch the screen with the data of the second controller (ESCA)?

My ESC - Ubox 75/100 Dual J (spintend)
FW - 5.3

Thank you.

2 Likes

Yes, the two buttons have the same functionality for now.
There is no support yet for getting data from a second controller. I haven’t needed this until now, but it would be a good feature.
I haven’t been working on this for a long time as there doesn’t seem to be a lot of interest in it, and it already does everything I need.

1 Like

I’m sorry you abandoned the project (( a lot of people in the scooter community use it.
You do not know whether it is possible to upgrade to firmware version 6.0, whether roxie will still work?

1 Like

Ah, I didn’t know that. Where does the scooter community usually hang out? Discord, forum, … ? It would be useful to see other peoples experiences.
I just tested and it still works on firmware version 6.0.
I wouldn’t say that I abandoned the project, I just wasn’t going to add any new features. The main point of this fork was to keep the code working for newer VESC firmware versions.

2 Likes

Yes I did the same

1 Like

the scooter community is mainly active on telegram. It’s only a small group, but this one contains the brightest minds from the different escooter areas

https://t.me/VescHelpGroup

1 Like

This is probably possible if you change the software a bit. But the pcb I designed is only compatible with the nano every

and here: Telegram: Contact @VescRu

1 Like

Can buy this from you? can u make it for me? if somebody can i know how ro do it. send me a email
matija.puklek123@gmail.com

i just need arduino nano every and program on it… and can u type what components i need pls need for school

I have a problem code upload but dosent se the numbers only words like trip, kmh and so … can somebody help?

1 Like

Hello Charclo,
How can I solve this problem with phase current display?
Video

Can you help with this?

1 Like

This happens sometimes when a negative number is displayed or the numbers after the comma changes. I haven’t found a good fix for it yet. And I don’t have the time any more to look into it

hi, why my screen is cropped at the bottom?
not sure why i cant post photo here