Ronin - GT40 / 12s4p 40T / 6385 / Stormcore

New board for 2021, on a subsonic gt40 platform. Ordered the downhill flex + a layer of carbon on the top and bottom tinted with green. Started off by glass fritting the board with polyurethane:

Then I gave the eboosted enclosure my personal touch. Started smoothing it out by using a base coat and then sanding, then I sprayed black:
Then sanded lightly and masked off the decals I wanted courtesy of @Kaydo followed by a typical candy paint process:
Some heavy streaks in the candy but overall turned out great, streaks are only visible when it’s not under direct light.

Finished product:

70 Likes

Woah… i love the paint on the enclosure!

8 Likes

Going for numies for this one? Wouldn’t dare scratch that enclosure. Beautiful work!

4 Likes

Is going to be on widened 6 inch pneumatics

5 Likes

Looks great, I swear the title Ronin had me looking for trucks :smiley:

3 Likes

I went back and darkened the enclosure to match it to the deck a bit more. (Also corrected the streaks a bit)

32 Likes

Holy shit that looks nice af

8 Likes

this how i customize my cars in gta 5

7 Likes

What do the Asian characters say?

3 Likes

It’s Japanese, says Bushido

5 Likes

Its also same meaning in Chinese :wink:

That’s real good looking board

3 Likes

I mean the term/concept is Japanese

Thanks guys :blush:

1 Like

Getting things ready. There’s so much space in here

16 Likes

I absolute love and hate beautiful builds, the first scuff is painful

9 Likes

Haha yeah I’m not looking forward to that. I’m going to keep the height functional, not going for ultraboard status this time around

1 Like

But your avatar/profile picture says ultra instinct?

2 Likes

I’m going to make an ultra version for racing :shushing_face:

2 Likes

It’s slightly better to connect the balance wires to the negative sides. Is it possible to slip some fishpaper under just those balance wires on the right half in the photo?

3 Likes

I didn’t build the battery but me and @Kaydo know about it. It’s all hot glued in place so there’s not much room for rubbing but since it’s clear I’ll keep an eye on it, next time will implement that

Edit: there is kapton tape there

2 Likes

How did I miss this? Build looks sick! :open_mouth:

How did you paint the kanji – with a stencil, or by hand?

3 Likes