Ronin - GT40 / 12s4p 40T / 6385 / Stormcore

Used precut vinyl to mask it off. The design is meant to look like a traditional brush style

2 Likes

Rims are here. Nearing completion, just waiting on the mail man :sob:

11 Likes

If you top mount it i will seriousy cry, its too beautiful to be topmounted.

3 Likes

Would have been ready today but the stormcore said goodnight. Have to wait for another ESC now, otherwise the drives are set up

9 Likes

Its so nice I would hate to even ride it, are those BN270 trucks?

4 Likes

Yep

1 Like

Why is the rear truck angled like that?

2 Likes

im calling he put it to 0 deg for stablity

5 Likes

What base plates?

2 Likes

I think the rear truck is supposed to be rotated 180

6 Likes

If you left it to what looks to be 0 deg angle, it wouldnā€™t matter if it was mounted like a RKP right?

2 Likes

I guess, but on bumps the hanger will sink into the pivot cup a little, and then he will have a negative angle :grimacing:

Also I bet turning radius will suck, so heā€™ll have to wedge it to a more sensible angle anyway.

inb4 the motors donā€™t fit in reverse :scream:

4 Likes

Was waiting for someone to call that out :rofl: it is set to 0 degree and so itā€™s irrelevant what orientation the hanger is in, just picked this way for motor clearance. Turning isnā€™t as bad because now you have not much resistance in the rear and you effectively get alot of lean. That forces the front to turn quite a lot. The rear should allow Ā±5 degrees before it actually effects turning/stability so I wouldnā€™t worry about the bushing squishing etc

3 Likes

These are boardnamics adjustable baseplates

1 Like

Whats the front truck angle? Most severe mismatch I have done was 30Ā° rear, 65Ā° front. Was pretty sweet.

2 Likes

Between you @Jaws and @EreTroN you guys are so fucking talented Your attention to detail and color combos are freakin beautiful this is definitely one of my favorite builds this year :star_struck:

3 Likes

This truck set up just made my mind explode.
I donā€™t even know anymoreā€¦

2 Likes

Front is at 40, but I may take it to 50. Probably not further than that

2 Likes

Simply one majestic build. Itā€™s going to be a esk8 weapon.

2 Likes

I would say 99% done. Iā€™m going to put bigger tyres on after I get good pics, and Iā€™m temporarily using a little flipsky ESC so itā€™s not running max power

6 Likes