RipTide Sports Pneumatic / Composite tire project

Usually as duro goes down, rebound goes up as does efficiency but with this treatment I do not have enough data to say. In an analog application on Seismic wheels, it improved both grip and speed. Increased speed usually means lower rolling resistance.

6 Likes

I have ridden the same route trying to calculate the efficiency of the treated wheels compared to the regular wheels. Although my butt meter tells me there is a touch more rolling resistance, I am not seeing this when I roughly measure distance and battery consumption. I have come to the conclusion that my butt-o-meter is broken and the rolling resistance is just about the same.

Also, another 30 miles on the wheels since my last post with no signs of abnormal wear or damage. I suspect the rounded edges on the MAD Wheelz design is preventing chunking.

10 Likes

Just got my wheels in, super stoked. Maybe I shouldnā€™t be smelling it but it smells like itā€™s gone through an alcohol bath.

7 Likes

How do they taste?

6 Likes

It tastes softer but Iā€™ll have to taste me other Mad 105s to be sure

2 Likes

A wheel you could lick to get high would be a game changer!

1 Like

ā€œThe local skating community was ecstatic today after the release of the so-called ā€˜High Rollerā€™ wheel, reportedly allowing the user to ride and get dorked out of their gourd simultaneously. There were no survivorsā€

12 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Less damaging than Acetone to remove the residue. The first set I tried, the Acetone removed all the wheel markingsā€¦Bourbon for the win

2 Likes

Is that what I taste!? Haha actually yeah was going to use acetone to remove the markings in order to distinguish this set from the other

2 Likes

Dropped from 78a to 70a

9 Likes

@xsynatic need softer ride?

2 Likes

Fuck i knew id regret selling my meep awd

1 Like

Meepoā€™s hub motor tire solution is a bit ridiculous when viewed from a waste stream perspectiveā€¦

7 Likes

@fujio001 Any impressions on the additional 4 sets I did for your customers on the Mad Wheels?

2 Likes

I am still waiting to here from them myself. I should get some reports after Christmas.

Last evening I set up a brand new Meepo Bamboo Hurricane Ultra with the treated MAD Wheelz. This morning I intended to go for a simple shakedown. That shakedown turned into a 1.5 hour ride. The treated MAD Wheelz did very well with the TKPs. The combination of the treated wheels with the slightly flexy bamboo deck was heavenly. So far I have ridden about 100 miles on the wheels swapped between 3 different boards - Black Carve II, Challenger and now the Bamboo Hurricane Ultra. The wheels have performed extremely well for urethane wheels and are by far the best urethane wheels I have every ridden. Grip and shock absorption are both about 20% better that the stock MAD Wheelz. The last thing I did after my ride was inspect the treated wheels for damage. None that I can see. In the next month I should have my Momentum Pro Wheelset and will compare their performance side-to-side.

My only concern that I have at this point is the durability. I will have a good idea after a few more hundred miles. The reports from the other testers will provide more info about the durability of the treated MAD Wheelz. Keep in mind durability on the MAD Wheelz may be different that other wheels because the rounded edges are way less prone to chunking. I have not seen any MAD Wheelz chunk yet. If the remainder of the testing shows good durability, I would like to be able to have an option where MAD Wheelz can be sent directly to Riptide for treatment prior to going to the customer.

13 Likes

Did someone here send me some Cloud wheels to treat?

Another 50 miles laterā€¦The wheels are still rolling and carving strong. No issues with wear or chunking. Still continue to be very confidence inspiring.

One thing I discovered, when carving over loose debris, the wheels re-engage after slipping better than any other urethane wheel I have been on. Noticibly better than the stock MAD Wheelz.

Still have not heard from the other treated MAD Wheelz out there. Between bad weather, injuries and busy schedules - not much riding.

8 Likes

Besides crashing my board itā€™s been the rain

3 Likes

The more I think about it, a softer Cloudwheel could be really nice.

1 Like