RipTide Sports Pneumatic / Composite tire project

First come, first serve…“time waits for no one” Mick Jagger

5 Likes

I think you are going to enjoy the treated wheels!

2 Likes

I’ll see if I can find a box :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I ride Urethane all the time but as I’m in the UK how can I be a part of this trial ?

As @JJHoyt knows how much I love the White 111’s perhaps a set of those newly treated could be sent over ?

I’ll pay Shipping

Go on, you know it makes sense :wink:

4 Likes

I can mail you a set of wheels and you put it in some sauce and it comes out softer???

What the bananas…

Have you done blue caguamas or Kegels?

2 Likes

No we have not

1 Like

Will this service be more available from you down the line once more testing is done? Or is it so difficult/expensive that it can only be done in small batches?

Would love to have this done later down the line if it is more widely available from you.

@RipTideSports

1 Like

If the process is viable and improves performance, we will keep doing it and move to a bulk process. We have not priced it yet because we do not have a handle of the life of the chemicals yet as well as securing dependable sources for the various materials needed keep the process safe.

9 Likes

Can I send you a set of meepo 100mm hub sleeves to soften? Lowering the duro to get more grip would be an absolute game changer if it works.

1 Like

That might change the durometer on the inside of the sleeve as well

2 Likes

From what I understand the treatment can go down to 3mm to 5mm on the thane depending on how long it sits in the chemicals. Well worth a try.

@Rollinsoul

3 Likes

Oh well.

What the hell. let’s give it a shot!

2 Likes

Noice!

1 Like

Surface went from 72a to 65a

Might want to call the process “Unfair Advantage” or “Sealth Process” There is no visual indication the wheels have been treated so be sure to mark them somehow.

Shipping today to 4 different locations.

15 Likes

“Invisigrip”
“Case Softening”
“Silent but Deadly”

9 Likes

how does this affect efficiency? I assume it increases rolling resistance.

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

@RipTideSports you gotta use this term

2 Likes