RipTide Sports Pneumatic / Composite tire project

Definitively not my intent.

4 Likes

Good soup :ok_hand:

1 Like

Surface went from 72 to 65a. Sending back today.

17 Likes

@RipTideSports

Did anything eventuate from this experiment?

Or are you more interested in softening OEM 'thane nowadays?

2 Likes

Does it affect the core at all? 65a sounds so comfy thought, I bet sidewalks feel like paved roads with that

2 Likes

It is hard to determine if the core is effected

-2 smart points. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: just kidding

1 Like

Shipped back today Surface dropped 6 points!

14 Likes

If the core was affected, I suppose you could make an o-ring sealed plug to keep the soup out of the core.

3 Likes

I am not really concerned with the core at this point, especially a surface treatment.

1 Like

holy…

7 Likes

Well guys, the treatment is legit. I have completed three 15 mile rides on the wheels over various terrain. The MAD Wheelz feel significantly more sticky after the treatment. I am carving harder and at faster speeds that I ever did on untreated MAD Wheelz. The treatment also affected the suspension holes. The wheel has a softer feel and shock absorption has noticeably improved. As a result, I feel comfortable going faster that I ever have on urethane wheels. The only question now is long term durability. Regardless, treated urethane wheels would make a fine set of race wheels in competitions limited to urethane wheels.

13 Likes

How has your Wh/km changed?

5 Likes

Unfortunately I was not tracking that. What being said, I can feel a slight increase in rolling resistance when going down hills I am familiar with.

1 Like

Well hell yes, thank you for the feedback, that is better than I expected. I am surprised the rolling resistance increased so please keep track of overall distance used, overall durability and performance fall off compared to untreated. I know this is a lot to ask but so if I am asking too much, please do what you can to provide a long term evaluation.

7 Likes

Forgot to mention, I mounted the wheels to my Black Carve II test board with DKPs. I was not a big fan of having urethane on DKPs. The trucks tend to be able to turn sharper than the grip of the wheel can handle. Not anymore. I will also be testing these on the Meepo Voyager to see how the wheels enhance the ride.

5 Likes

Brad (@RipTideSports) you taking any more wheels?

3 Likes

Yes, I have treated 3 sets, 2 to go, you in?

2 Likes

I’m down to clown as well if you guys have space at the end of the month (can I reserve a spot haha)
I have some blue caguamas.

1 Like

Yeah I’m down, I’d like to send some mad 105s as well

2 Likes