RipTide Sports Pneumatic / Composite tire project

Me too…

2 Likes

Wait a minute… are those stooge 3 link trucks?? Sill the beans!

3 Likes

outer soft durometer and inner hard?

2 Likes

Interesting question, looking at the zoomed in pix on the blue 'thane it they appear slightly different color, but that may be more of a trick of the light, so we’ll see

I’m gunna throw my guess into the ring and say that was a deep as Brad wanted to make the mold…and/or the white thingie has something to do with how the 'thane is attached to the wheel hub…

but I suck at guessing

1 Like

Maybe the colored us a soft duro and the white goes beneath it and is a hard duro? Or vice versa and the colored is something like 70a and the white is 50a for even more comfort

1 Like

First ride in, quick 5 miler. Tire temp under 100 degree F while the rear @MoeStooge racewheels were 130 F. I need to find their adhesion limit to see if I am on the right track. Surface included, chunder, smooth pavement, gravel, and dirt.

14 Likes

I had to do some pigment tests so all are the same duro 75a

4 Likes

Interesting Thane bushing addition on the 3-links…
I can see that being a unique way to add bushing stiffness

k00k approves of your science!!

BTW Brad, can you post here, or PM the duros of the bushings I received from @MoeStooge when I got the 3-links from him… you know, the yellow and the blue ones that compress around the center heim… thanks

2 Likes

I’m looking at two different compounds on one wheel. Outside compound would be softer for cornering, inside profile would be harder for longevity.

1 Like
3 Likes

Although I don’t see why not, would make sense to run dual compound.

1 Like

Yellow is APS 90a and the blue is APS 85a

2 Likes

The white is a UHMW spacer to allow the tire halves to flex like a radial tire

5 Likes

Kinda looks like a 2-Part sandwich but it could be solid and that’s the mold part line

oh I see the spherical bearing could be inserted from below.

1 Like

They are related

3 Likes

5 part sandwich, two hub halves, two tire components, one UHMW spacer

3 Likes

I was talking about the bushing on the 3-Link trucks but wheel dissection is good too

2 Likes

I don’t discuss that… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I know, Me and @kook are!

1 Like

Gracias!

I was referring to the link connection, axle to board bushing…

1 Like