RipTide Sports Pneumatic / Composite tire project

Joel, thank you so much for you input!!! Is the graphic you provided the hub profile revolve?

8 Likes

Super professional thanks Iā€™m a fan nowšŸ¤™

5 Likes

This is how I understand that drawing.

7 Likes

Me too but that is not the design of the @MBS hubs that I have

6 Likes

Yeah, at least the MBS Rockstar II looks like a much simplified version of that drawing. The main dimensions might or might not be a match, I do not have any pneumatic hubs here.

BTW, it would be great to get a pneumatic street wheel with low rolling resistance and decently small size, maybe something near the Bergmeister size. Someone estimated that thanes can do around 10-14 wh/km and Bergs would be almost 30 wh/km. Maybe there are ways to improve the efficiency.

1 Like

Sorry. I left out that detail. Thatā€™s the profile revolve of the mold for the tire bead, not the hub. Here is the critical dims of our hub profile.
MBS RS HUB DIMS - A4.PDF (64.3 KB)

12 Likes

Perfect, great looking hub!

4 Likes

Is this still happening?

2 Likes

Yes but stalled a bit due to other production requirements

12 Likes

:eyes: ā€¦ Like what? :wink:

1 Like

Bushings, pivot cups, custom parts and backing framesā€¦

4 Likes

Oh I thought it was something super duper cool and secret. Good thing your normal production stuff is still the best of the best :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I would love to see a 5-6" tire that is specifically designed for road riding.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t that pretty much what a non knobby 6ā€ tire is? Like whatā€™s on the evolve kit.

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking more about a tire with a more square profile and larger contact patch like a car tire.

5 Likes

:whistling

:whistling

15 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

Good on you for making the treads line up. Satisfaction level increased.

12 Likes

never noticed thatā€¦
k00ky coincidenceā€¦

11 Likes

Same tire different hub width?

3 Likes