RIP esk8. Remotes that won’t get interference

2 different receivers going through a signal analyzer, one with a front-biased faraday cage and one with a rear-biased faraday cage so no one interference source can hit both receivers at the same time unless its almost directly above the board.

1 Like

Haha, that would be cool, I guess.

In the meantime, I’ll stick with my benchwheel, discovered through the tried-and-true guess and check method, lol :beer:

1 Like

Does the hoyt puck use Bluetooth or something? It doesn’t have issues with 5g cell towers?

Yeah you better watch out! Once they’re in service they’re real fun to ride by! :skull:

1 Like

Are there any remotes that will work riding by 5g cell poles?

The ones I had issues with were these

I bought these but haven’t switched to it yet. Heard it had a much better connection.

Makerfire 10pcs Arduino NRF24L01+… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O9O868G?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

great!!! i think ours will be operational soon the dems are having their “convention” here. i live downtown and that’s where i see a shit ton of these things… :man_facepalming:t6:

Hoyt puck isnt bluetooth but it has channel hopping ability if I’m not mistaken. And this is most likely what can be attributed to its success.

GT2B has frequency hopping too, didn’t stop me from crashing twice.

3 Likes

I’ll start with that I’m not very well versed in remote technology across the array of options out there. So my question regarding your remote would be, does it hunt frequency automatically or do you have to manually switch? Just trying to figure out what might be different about the puck.

It hops all the time, as soon as you turn it on, doesn’t spend much time in one frequency (milliseconds).

1 Like

Do we know when the plastic iteration is coming out?

What was the issue with the GT2B, I wonder if that would cut out from the 5g cell towers. Maybe I should give it a try.

It’s just one data point, but there’s a spot in my commute where I’d lose signal. GT2B would lose signal and take about 3sec to hook back up. Mini remote also lost signal, but took about 1sec to hook up. My feeling is they’re quite similar in signal.

1 Like

Dang. I was really hoping the gt2b remote would work better than the mini for my situation. I’m having trouble finding a remote that won’t cut out.

1 Like

I’m going hardwired, if that doesn’t work out for me, a Futaba that uses their FASST algorithm or a Spektrum that uses their DSMR algorithm (like the Spektrum DX5 Rugged) will both be better than any frequency hopping esk8 remote out there, because at best they’re all on the old-school DSSS algorithm.

That’s the old NRF 24. We use NRF 52xx these days. On top of that, there are clone chips out there and they don’t really work.
Try the VESC Wand remote, it has all you dream of.

1 Like

Does the wand cut out riding next to 5g poles?

Wired would be a bit much for me. You think the Spektrum DX2E with dsmr technology won’t cut out from 5g cell towers? https://www.amazon.com/SPM-2-Channel-Transmitter-Control-Transmitters/dp/B075MHCVZF?ref_=mw_olp_product_details

Not in Berlin. We have Germanies largest 5G network and I don’t get cutouts. That’s from my personal real life test riding experience.
Next to 5g poles is relative though.
100m, 50m, 20m…

1 Like