RIP esk8. Remotes that won’t get interference

The nickel-coated carbon fibers created by Conductive Composites can be combined with plastic resins and be injection-molded into just about any shape standard plastic can take, at similar weight.

I was getting cutouts in your neighborhood and every other neighborhood until I got the Benchwheel remote. No cutouts yet, Now I thumb my nose at those pesky cell towers I ride past on my way to work :+1:

4 Likes

My problem is that there are so many cell towers near me and they keep on building more for ATT, sprint, and Verizon. Community is trying to make a Petition to stop the installment though

I’m glad I’m not the only one with these issues. My campus has these 5g poles littered everywhere. There is always one within eyesight since 5g does not transmit through objects well. Needless to say these poles are death traps, my mini remote cuts in and out whenever I am close to one.

6 Likes

Dang, seems like this will get worse before it gets better…

Anyone know of a decent wired remote? Will an ebike throttle plug right into an ESC?

4 Likes

I waited all summer with a nano to keep me rolling until they announced the production delay. That’s when I got a benhwheel. Hasn’t dropped yet, so I’ll stick with that. Just trying to help a brotha out👍

A wired remote will be useful in this and other applications so I (and others) would like to explore this as an option

That’s what I said lol

1 Like

I mean technically a bluetooth remote or nrf remote shouldn’t have issues with 5G right?

The rest of the remotes are 2.4ghz I think

1 Like

Is that what you meant? I thought you were NOT willing to go wired…? Anyway, I assume you can but would rather wait for someone who’s done it before to chime in before I poof a vesc

3 Likes

Our testing has shown no issues in areas where PPM 2.4 Ghz is cutting out.
The modules we use are tested to FCC and CE standards, so there should be no interference.
However, real life testing is better than lab results.
NRF has proven to work reliably.

3 Likes

Yeah that is what I thought too, I have had issues with my NRF chips that I picked for my firefly remote not having a reliable connection, so I guess that just means you need to pick the right nrf chip and isolate properly

1 Like

Question is which chipset did you use and was it a tested quality chip.

1 Like

lol…lmbo…

1 Like

thats what those things are… my city is putting these things all over the place.

All the remotes, wifi, bluetooth, nrf are 2.4ghz at least in the US.

can we say statistically “non interference“ photons from the remote will be impinging on the board from near vertical angles whereas “interference“ photons from the surrounding area have a higher statistical likelihood of approaching from near horizontal angles, so if horizontal signals can be attenuated with a faraday cage partially surrounding the receiver, could this in theory statistically reduce cutouts?

So the remote would cut out when you turn it 90 degrees?

no the receiver would be placed in a “bathtub” of conductive material that blocks horizontal signals but permits vertical from the remote.

1 Like

The 5G repeater in my case is 5 stories up.

1 Like

The assumption being that I’m always on top of my board? That’s not bad, but people often reach out with their remote hand while balancing…

I like the idea more than I thought it would, though. As @Trampa says real world testing is where it’s at. Math amd theory is a good place to start but in the end it dosen’t matter that it works on paper, if it fails IRL. :v:

2 Likes