RIP esk8. Remotes that won’t get interference

Any Spektrum with DSMR should be fine, but this remains untested. Wanne be the test subject?

I have a 2 channel spektrum. Unfortunately I don’t have any 5g poles. Its Australia. Our phone network is string and cans

2 Likes

Do you live in the sticks mate? Any of the big cities have plenty.

1 Like

Sunshine coast. Yeah I know Brissy has a few popping up but I like to give aussies shit. The rugby world cup is on. Its an age old battle.

Second only to the ashes and I am still sore about that.

I can give it a shot. I don’t really know anything about rc receiver/transmitter technology but it seems you know something about it. I will order one and see how it goes. But you think DSMR should hopefully work?

1 Like

Where are you from originally? I’m originally a Saffer, but officially emigrated.

1 Like

It’s a better protocol, compared with DSSS that jumps lanes on a highway, DSMR jumps lanes and complete highways, and each one does it differently due to the algorithm being adaptive based on the Receivers unique manufacturing ID.

I’m a pom. Have been since I stepped off the plane and have been ever since. They don’t actually get the fact that pom means prisoner of the motherland and therefore by definition I can not be that. Its so ingrained that even for me when watching Australia vrs Georgia I was baracking for the Georgians.
Confusing time.
Guessed by your name you were from SA.

1 Like

Be sure to set the Failsafe on that new Receiver when you get it.

1 Like

I would love to, but it is a bit out of my price range. Maybe I will try and find a 52xx chip

according to this article, the first 50 5G antennas in Germany were activated about 2-3 months ago:

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-08/15/c_138312082.htm

Lucky case that my office is in the very hotspot of the first 5G Network.
We have two districts with 5G. It’s more than 50 masts. 500K people live in that area.

BT is quite stable vs narrow radiation interference.
It does 1600hops/s to 78 different channels.
So get a BT remote and it will find a spot on the 2.4GHz band to avoid interference.

Otherwise avoid the mainstream frequency bands, I mean 2.4 and 5GHz are crowed like hell in every city. Get a 315MHz, 433MHz, 915MHz or even 40MHz or lower frequency remote. Those bands are basically free since everybody got a Wifi-based home automatisation and RC toys invaded the 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

1 Like

what about using something like this with 2 different types of receivers and remote with 2 different types of transmitters:

So I’ve had a radio/receiver with Spektrum DSMR technology for quite some time but my board has had been down due to a fried vesc. After 2 days of testing I can confirm DSMR can combat the cutouts I was previously experiencing. I was amazed the first time I rode with the new remote past a 5g pole and just kept on going without an issue. I have repeatedly rode past the 5g poles at my campus as close as 1m or less @Trampa (for your “relative” distance). I have been led to believe that these poles all around my campus are for 5g connectivity but I realize there is an assortment of different 5g wavelengths/frequency. Due to the amount of 5g transmitters I am guessing these are of the small wavelength/high frequency variety. If you are having cutout issues due to new infrastructure I suggest a Spektrum remote with DSMR. The only down side is the remote is so bulky, it is huge! Over winter break I am hoping to come up with a smaller 3d printed housing for my remote. That should be interesting as I’ve never designed a 3d model, thingiverse has always served me well.

4 Likes

Yasss! I knew it! Which means Futaba FASST will be good too, and possibly Tactic SLT too.

FWIW the Tactic TTX200 remote is already a smallish and ergonomic form factor.

I only found this topic.
I also have signal loss.
I don’t have 5G in my city

This happens in certain places in the city.
It looks like a twitch
Jerking occurs, gas-brake-gas-brake

1 Like

ride without your phone and still happens?

I haven’t tried driving without a phone.
I was losing signal in three places in the city

On my metr.at entry it looked like this. This takes about 1 second.

1 Like

Mini remote also has channel hopping

3 Likes