Rion Race Scooter

Boilerplate amount of characters

didn’t know where to post it :grin:
@sofu is that you on the Rion race edition? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQOEf8pbkmQ
I am in love with that scooter. Do you perhaps know it’s made the planetary gear drive? like gear ratio ecc… I can not stop thinking about it :laughing:
It eats SF hills like nothing

3 Likes

Insane. You can hear it chirping the tires!

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjiKJvlxaf8 check it out. This thing looses traction with slick tyres at above 35 mph! I’s unbelievable.

1 Like

I had a scooter before esk8 and found it really boring. Safe to say that wouldn’t be a problem here.

2 Likes

Where would a person obtain this scooter?

Sell both kidneys.

3 Likes

rionmotors.com, but site is seriously broken.

1 Like

Wow, that’s one of the shittiest websites I’ve seen in a while. Makes https://www.berkshirehathaway.com/ look awesome in comparison

1 Like

@sofu some feedback?

Yeah that’s me lol

The thing is stupid fast and powerful. You definitely don’t need it. Hands down fastest most powerful scooter out there. But you will have to wait a while if you order, production takes a while cause each one is basically hand made

3 Likes

I know that open up plus 5K of pleasure is not your first option, but I’m case it happens I would like to see what they use as speed controller and geared motor. I want to make a semi DIY electric scooter. Planned to start from a dirt scooter but the level of prebuilt scooter is just so high compare to esk8. So maybe better to take motors and frame from existing one and decide the rest. They almost all come with suspension and solid frame. I like the Rion not only for the power but also for the design and light weight compare to the others. They are way too heavy to me. I would like a medium size one, like zero 8x style or widewheels.
So in case you will have to open it up, take some pics :wink:
I think you are one of the few having the race edition. That thing packs over 100A 80V current. unbelievable

1 Like

Mine is not the retail race edition actually, it’s between RE80 and RE100. They use custom controllers. I’m not gonna provide any pictures of the inside sorry :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeh sure no problem. Didn’t know was a secret project :sweat_smile: was just curious why in Esk8 ESC sucks to get at 14s and I see 50$ speed controller at 72V 35A that seems to work just fine (dualtron use them as well) and they look a piece of junk.

Yeh heard that they are working on a 100V version. You will need aviation permission to use that weapon :grin:

1 Like

Dualtrons use their dumb unsensored bldc controllers that suck to ride but are cheap to make. The better ones do cost more :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeh I was just searching on Alibaba ecc and find all these silver controller bldc boxes that all the companies is using. I see all these Daltron like boards rebranded and sold for more than double in US and 3 times is EU. People must be crazy to buy them at that swollen price. I really think Rion is better priced. At least is a piece of art.

Just of curiosity did you went for it for a collaboration you have with them or you actually wanted one to burn SF hills? The second will be a totally understandable answer for me :grimacing:

Both. I had the opportunity and I wanted to have the fastest scooter that also looked the best :sweat_smile: I had a speedway a year or so before this, it was the one I found least ugly at the time lol

1 Like

Fair enough. Well then enjoy it. It’s really a beast. Nothing can catch up with it.

What’s the real world range of that scooter?
I am following it now for a while and waiting for the 100V version. If they use an 100A motor 10KW would be really nice to have on one wheel.

As fair as I know motor is a geared hub motor custom made so either you convince them or no way you can get it. Plus can you imagine on a onewheel a similar power. Would be impossible to handle I think :grin: