The "Why Can't" Thread

How much does it cost from europe ?

Why can’t I finish builds in a timely manner?!

1 Like

Because of the duty you pay and last but not least, VAT. Don’t forget about the running costs of the logistics company.

I googled a bit but didn’t find answer.

Drone remote connections seems pretty stable. Why is nobody using Wifi or something similar to DJI connection system to make remote? Is it simply because cost?

1 Like

I do not know too much about this, but I will give it a best shot at my explanation. I guess 5.8ghz connections would be unnecessary for a lot of companies as they are used for high speed data transfer, and (I do think they cost more to produce).
As for DJI, I just think they just tweak their products really well, + the antenna on the remote is just huge, a huge transmitter coupled with a huge receiver, would be way too big for an eskate remote, and as far as I’ve seen for any esk8 remotes, they just use a single wire for data transfer. Moreover, DJI would design their drone receiver to be as far of the components of the drones as possible, often using multiple receivers integrated in the drone’s legs for it, (look at the Mavic Air). As a result, they get improved wireless connection power for that.
Then a disconnection on a DJI drone isn’t as bad as on an eskate, if it just disconnects for a second, it will try to find a way to connect it back, or it will just activate RTH, to put a drone in a way for it to be able to connect with your remote.
My last point would be that drones don’t have such big vibrations compared to eskate. More vibrations = more prone to failure = higher failure rate.
If you have ever used a budget DJI drone like the Spark, you might notice that in the city with high interference, you won’t be able to go too far either, but since drones are banned in most cities, people would use them more in some less populated area, with less connection problems.
I hope this could help!

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rion Race Scooter

@BillGordon I can not see the Rion page. Maybe is private.

3 Likes

I did something dumb. Try again?

2 Likes

Why can items only cost a little more than what thay cost to make. Why do so many middle men get involve and make so much more profit than the original Desiner and manufacture

2 Likes

Why can’t folks understand how much middle men actually do, and how much they help ensure you get a quality product the first time that’s what you expect it to be and are there for you if it’s not

5 Likes

5char

1 Like

Why can’t that be a true statement of my experience of ESk8 part suppliers

2 Likes

Why can’t anti spark switches be less then freaking 40€

Why can’t you just use a 4€ loopkey that never fails?

10 Likes

Haha
You got me xD

BeCaUsE I wANT fAnCy LeDS wiTH a StYliSh buTToN tO tUrN mY RgB eSKeiGhT oN

Please make a commercial for the loop key xD

3 Likes

Flipsky vesc has built-in antispark. But you need to replace the button. It switches off from vibrations.

Before vesc, I was riding on single BTS555 mosfet. But 10s battery is above its datasheet limit.

Really?
So I don’t need antispark protection for my 4.12 Fsesc?

Only for 6.x versions.

1 Like

Why isn’t voice recognition used in esk8?
You could turn your esk8 on / off, enter police mode etc

All that without being stalked by the Cia by using an arduino with such a module:

Only con: for one sillable words it likes when you start to drop bars for some reason… So by making rhyme chains you trigger it too :joy:

Let’s say your command is “hi”
“why” “I” “lie” “fry” will be recognized as “hi”

You can prevent that by making the command longer “hello there” for example

The module can record 15 records, 5 records in one group. It can only use one group (set of 5 commands) at a time, but your 5th command in first group could be “go group 2” and you have them linked :slight_smile:
Record is 1,3s long, so enough time.
Could be used to turn esk8 on, maybe enter remote settings, change display information on the remote, change driving mode on the esk8 (especially good for police!!!)

Here’s a sketch:
Your normal start word is something a cop wouldn’t say
I like “Llama” as an example.
Then you have “Activate” “Turn on” or just something a dumb cop would expect to be the ** on ** command

You go out of your house for a ride? Say your sneaky secret word “Llama” to go full speed, and then when the police stops you just say your normal word (for people with social anxiety, this could even be “hello” or “hello officer”)
And your esk8 will be limited to 6kmh (or whatever you want…) That’s whats legal here for me I think…

Good idea?

4 Likes

“hold my gun”

:rofl:

3 Likes