Revel at the "brand" new competitor in the direct drive Esk8 race!

Sorry you got hurt. Thanks for sharing your misfortune so that others may benefit. High speed runs on short decks are very risky on any esk8. Also, new riders should avoid high speed runs until after they identify pivot bushings to match their weight. Also, full face helmets are best for high speed test run’s (I don’t always follow my own advice, but I should). Shin/Knee pads and a motocross jacket are gear that I have learned to always wear regardless of speed.

I know you have figured all of these things out the hard way. I’m just puncutating the hard learned learned for the benefit of others.

One more thing. It seems like when I am fully equipped head to toe, I never have an accident or even a close call. For some reason accidents and close calls only seem to happen on the occasions that I get lazy dressing up.

1 Like

To be anal about it, they are nickel strips, not aluminum lol - but yes, we / Revel have discussed engineering improvements and are implementing them in the next version of the batteries. The current version going out to customers is already better than the version a lot of the older customers had, the next one should hopefully fix the issues experienced for good. Sometimes it is hard to tell what is going to happen, so we have provisioned to improve the batteries in several ways - everyone knows that sometimes chinese manufacturing can have unknown variables that pop up from time to time.

Anyway

Not really, it’s partly due to batch size and the sheer number of people that have been ordering Revel kits recently (Covid boredom yknow)! Business is doing well - we’ve got a lot of kits going out very soon. All international orders ship directly from China and we’ve got a shipment arriving in the US at some point in the near future as well (I think the US warehouse will be stocked up again in Sept. Larger batch size this time)

Good to know that these issues people are facing are being addressed and the are being updated. As for shipping to the USA, when you say you think the US warehouse will be stocked again in September, do you mean that another batch won’t be sent out until September? I may have misread you, my apologies if I did.

1 Like

I am unaware of whose order is in what batch, but I think almost all of the people that have ordered recently should have been in this batch that should be going out very soon.

The Sept batch should be for later orders so we can fulfill them quickly. It’s hard to say since I don’t know exactly where the order cutoffs are - Flo should have sent out an email to all orders about the current status of the batches very recently - if it hasn’t come out yet it should soon

1 Like

Sweet! Man this excitement is getting to me lol, it’s my first eskate. Thanks for the responses!

1 Like

I just got my first FedEx notice…guess that means 10-12 days from now I may receive my kit? The “label has been created” notice, which is just a placeholder.

2 Likes

How long ago did you order yours?

June 13th.

1 Like

Is revel working on/eventually going to have an app in the future?

:wink: It’s in the works, like it hints in the user guide

2 Likes

What is your position with revel?

“Technically” I am an engineering contractor - however, I have helped with a lot of other things including customer service.

1 Like

Princess Auto Lighting

2 Likes

If anyone wants a cheaper extra charger alternative & doesn’t care about the docking block, this charger is CONFIRMED as identical to the stock Revel Charger:

Just make sure you get the 42V, 2A version.

1 Like

What’s the shipping situation like these days? Any idea how long until new orders are going out? Want to get a second kit.:slight_smile:

1 Like

I got a reply on their IG stating it’s about 3 weeks out at the moment.

Thanks! Hope it stays at 3 weeks otherwise It’ll arrive when the summer is over :sob: I’ll put my order in.

I didn’t follow this thread actively but I still absolutely love my Tarab + Orange nipples + Red wheels (hence why I get a second one).

Just I start to slowly understand what you guys mean with motor clearance. I thought it wouldn’t matter so much but especially when going diagonal over a bump, I realized I often knock the motors on my 90mm. A bit worried about how much beating it can take but now that I’m aware of it I avoid those bumps especially.

Lol mine are slowly beginning to be not black anymore

2 Likes

I’ve just accepted the fact that mine will look like light colored asphalt eventually.

Yeah, got the same thing. See some people wrap their motors for protection, but when I feel the temp these things can get after two batteries drained, wrapping them feels like it’s not a good idea.

3 Likes