Revel at the "brand" new competitor in the direct drive Esk8 race!

I am going to try this as well. Thanks!

Hey Vanderlay. Wecome to the forum and this thread. Read some recent posts on battery issues and follow the same roadmap. Report the issue to Revel Support. Send Revelboards pictures, wait for instructions. Donā€™t dissassemble your battery without permission or instructions from Revel.

@ShutterShock, @revel_flo
Vanderlay contacted me on my youtube channel about one of his batteries not working.

1 Like

So, heres a little introduction (is this the right place for that?) Iā€™ve been a lurker in this thread for quite a while, wanting to get a Revel Kit myself. Especially this thread has been very insightful and helpful, and then just as I wanted to order, Corona virus hit. So didnā€™t order with Revel but a week ago, this fellow Dutchie sold his barely used kit. Itā€™s practically new, has 30 miles on it, new production run and comes with a st range and an ext range battery. Exactly what I wanted! Itā€™s on a quite small downhill deck currently but Iā€™m wanting to go something larger, thinking of getting an Olson & Hekmati FD100 deck, beautiful understated German craftsmanship. Iā€™m from Amsterdam, The Netherlands btw.

4 Likes

Just saw this on reddit, looks like a good combom hope you have fun!

Yeah, posted this to the esk8 thread on Reddit too. Been having an awesome day with the kit today. Did around 18 km on the ext range battery in mode 3. Donā€™t dare to take it up to mode 4 yet, since this deck is too short. It gets wobbly and twitchy, think I want to get a larger, stiff deck. Also, Iā€™m running the stock (black) bushings currently. Are there bushings people are enthusiastic about in this thread?

2 Likes

Riptide sports undoubtedly has the best bushings around, but I donā€™t know what kind of setup is best for this board. The stock bushings are very meh, better than some chinese but not like good ones.

I havenā€™t really heard what people are using on here but on mine I have a riptide chubby barrel in the back with the stock one roadside, then the front I have a harder venom barrel on the boardside and a softer venom barrel roadside with a cupped washer. Probably not perfect but itā€™s been working for me so far.

You definitely want something a bit harder in the back because of the mass of the direct drives on the truck hanger

Yeah, Iā€™ve got different kinds of barrels in black, purple and red lying around so Iā€™ll experiment with those someday soon. Probably best to combine that with a new deck right away. Also, when I turn hard and rapid from one side to the other, thereā€™s a squeaky sound, hoping to fix that with a bushing upgrade as well.

1 Like

hit 23mph / 38kmh on the Revel recently - nice! felt like it could do more, but at full throttle, there was no more to go.

1 Like

Recently moved over to Revel from Boosted.

Was working as a Boosted Ambassador for the last couple years, so this is the first new eboard for me in awhile.

Besides the stock wheels/bushingsā€¦Iā€™m really loving it!

Current setup is:

DB Longboards Crossbow Flex 3 (Stiffest)
Revel 4WD XR
Boosted 105mm Wheels
Venom 86A Tall Barrel Bushings (Cupped Washer Boardside, Flat Washer Roadside)

Used to get about 5-6 Miles on my Boosted Stealth & am now getting 12+ on the Revel. Been so nice not to have range anxiety. Battery swapping is way easier too.

Top speed is consistently over 30MPH which is more than sufficient.

Thought I would hate the remote coming from the Boosted but it was surprisingly intuitive & I got completely used to it within the first ride.

Never ridden a 4WD Board before & the torque is crazyā€¦especially on Boosted 90mm wheels. Absolute monster of a board.

This is the first eboard Iā€™ve found that IMHO is superior to the Boosted in terms of price, range, top speed, & functionality!

If anyone here is in Chicago, Iā€™ll hopefully be starting up group rides again in July depending on Corona, so check out our FB Group: Chicago E-Skate.

We ride weekly on Tuesday Nights at 7PM.

We also have a local Telegram Group Chat for anyone interested where people can link up.

9 Likes

Welcome!

Did you use the moniker Joeboosted? Something about this ringing a bell. The Rebel is a nice bit of kit, so glad youā€™re loving it.

Hahaā€¦yeah, I did. I dropped it when Boosted folded.

4 Likes

Whatā€™s the wheelbase? I flipped my motors to be in the front, mode 4 max speed with no issues (also with a lower rake / angle for the rear trucks).

1 Like

I wanted to post photos of my setup but my account is too new I think?

Wheelbase is 32.5" from axle nut to axle nut

2 Likes

Only real issues I have with the board is that the remote battery life is a bit low & Iā€™d like to see the cruise control feature removed & integrated reverse added but all of those are all minor qualms & really come down to personal preference.

1 Like

the post was for Mattsā€¦ but thanks anyway - your setup is awesome, and canā€™t get any better (except for bushings from riptide sports)!

1 Like

totally doableā€¦ if you want ZERO speed wobbles at max speed.

lolā€¦my bad bro. Thanks though.

1 Like

Photos of Boosted 90mm Wheels Setup+ Boosted 105mm Wheels Setup:

1 Like

Revel 4WD XR 105mm Wheels Range Test Down To 10% Battery

Rider Weight Fully Loaded (Backpack, Helmet, etc): 227lbs
Board Weight: 28.8
Weather: 81Ā°F, Humidity 50%, Wind 6.2MPH From The East

Kept the Throttle pinned as much as possible. Had to slow down at the end cause I was back in the neighborhood. Voltage sag was minimal.

GPS must have dropped for a moment so the max speed reading is offā€¦def did not go 55 lol. Probably 34 max.

Had estimated between 8-10 Miles & was shocked it went as far as it did. Super impressed.

3 Likes

Wheelbase is about 21 inch.

1 Like