Revel at the "brand" new competitor in the direct drive Esk8 race!

yes this revel how much?

ok, so you were talking about a different video than the one that was immediately before your post.

So the Revel kit pricing is on thier website.

1 Like

Good Thanks

Try swapping the front wheels and the drive wheels. Then try swapping adapters left to right. Thatā€™s two seperate experiments. If the wobble stays with the same motor and axle then you either have a wobbly motor or a bent axle. You might have both. A bent axle could force a wobble into a motor and maybe the opposite could also happen.

1 Like

Thanks! Iā€™ll do that and report back

Iā€™m not having any luck with my kit.

I swapped the front and back wheels and nothing else, never opened the motor or touched the electronics. Then wanted to go outside to give it a try

Immediately something wasnā€™t right. When I move the accel knob and let go, the wheel does a full stop. No free rolling for a bit, just stop.
So I reconnected the remote and it went back to normal

Went outside, on the board and started going. 20 seconds later the remote control started vibrating 2 or 3 times and I lost braking control. Looked at it and it said something like ā€œvoltage lowā€ and a split-second later switched to ā€œdisconnectedā€. I almost missed the actual error message.
I managed to foot-brake, inspected the board and the battery was off. Didnā€™t turn on anymore.
I removed it and slide it back in. Now when I click the power button it just flashes blue rapidly.

I thought this was the battery low warning that people here mentioned, but the battery was still 60% full earlier the day so this canā€™t be it.

So wtf is going on?

I tried charging the battery a bit and put it back into the board but it still flashes blue so I guess the battery is dead. I have a second SR one and am sure revel is gonna help me out but I am a bit sad that this happened with less than 10 times usage.

I am also worried of sliding my SR battery in with the fear that it fries too.

I managed to get a video of the swapped wheels in and it still wobbles so Iā€™m guessing the left motor has an issue. Iā€™ll swap the adapters next but now Iā€™m a bit scared of this happening again while Iā€™m on higher speeds. Suddenly without brakes is scary and Iā€™m glad I practiced foot-braking with this deck before I converted it into eskate.

Iā€™ll contact Revel and see what they say.

/ EDIT: I inserted the SR battery andā€¦ it still flashes blue. So I guess not the battery is fried but my entire kit. :slightly_frowning_face: Any ideas?

/ EDIT: after talking with the CS, the rapidly flashing light means itā€™s in pairing mode. Repair the remote by holding the powerbutton when itā€™s off to fix

So time to put together an email to Flo together with some video of what is happening including the power problems in your last post. Iā€™m sure Flo will take care of you. One thing that might help flo to diagnose this would be to take some voltage readings of the two batteries. The way I do this is to turn the battery upside down and rest two knife blades into the two terminal slots that are furthest apart. then I touch the volt meter to the knife blades. This should tell Flo if you have issues with both of your batteries or if the problem not battery realated.

Thanks @BillGordon, Hi Paul, thanks for your response!
then I think i will stay with the front surf adapter only, i will not mess with the rear one in the revel kit, altough still i would need to place a raiser there.

i also want to say that iā€™ve learned a lot about electric skateboars from your comments an videos Paul, so thanks so much!

1 Like

Happy to help. Just be very careful putting an agressive steering mechanism on the front of a board that can travel at the speeds that a Revel kit is capable of. If the waterborn adapters are alot different than double kingpins, you might be fine. If for example you have travelled down hill at 35MPH on a waterborn adapter with no wobbles, then maybe speed wobbles wonā€™t be a problem. Let us know how it turns out.

Paul i understand your concerns and i appreciate it.

Surfskates are intended for real surf training/simulation, not for high speeds. also fun and nice to do some sport while traveling short distances but sometimes you get tired, or cant pump certain streets because of crappy roads, or maybe you need some extra power to climb hilly streets.

In my case, I wont be trying to win monaco grand prix, just trying to be always on the wave, that is maybe speed 1 or 2 on the revel. so high speeds wobbles shouldnt be a problem (for me)

best regards!

Yep, already reached out.

Iā€™ll update if anything new happens but Iā€™m guessing Iā€™ll have to wait for a warranty replacement (if Iā€™m eligible) which will take another 2 months like my first kit, so Iā€™ll be signing off this thread until then.

Sad that I was only able to use it for less than a week in total. Not sure what went wrong and what broke my kit in the end but these things happen and Iā€™m not angry. Despite having issues from literally day 2 of using it, I am still very positive towards revel. The experience while it lasted was fantastic.

Now just hoping Iā€™ll be able to get a working setup before summer hits. I cancelled a different board order after the revel arrived that would have arrived next week but oh well.

where do you live?

Towards me? Japan

The problem is the huge delay because of corona. The website states 3 weeks for new orders but in reality thatā€™s longer

3 weeks to ship. That means 3 weeks until the package is sent. How long it takes to arrive is up to corrona.

Me reacting to Ronnieā€™s video:

1:10 hmmm caguamas looks nice, but i dont know if they will provide enough clearance for direct drives, at least on my countryā€™s crappy roads. for me it should be 97ā€™s or even cloudā€™s may beā€¦ :thinking:
5:55 no way, he is starting to do ollies with a rebel? :fearful: omg i wonder how long will it last :sweat_smile:
7:22, 7:57 ouch! :fearful:
8:13 its official, he is trying to destroy it and it still works! lol :laughing:

i just went to do a little surfkating on a skatepark near here, i came back thinking what rebel pack should i order and now i saw this guy destroying his hahah
nice video.

3 Likes

Besides the wheel issues, Iā€™m fairly confident your issue is probably within the battery. Iā€™ve taken lots apart and know how they work pretty well and some of the errors line up with things Iā€™ve seen / heard before. I think Flo will get you sorted out, sorry youā€™ve had to go through this whole process.

Did you send the batteries or kit off?

Thatā€™s cool heā€™s doing tricks but because it says on the revel site that this kit isnā€™t designed for doing tricks itā€™s in the same category of riding in wet conditions in that if it breaks under that type of usage it will not be fixed by the revel company.

Iā€™m still waiting for costumer Service reply. I think theyā€™re not working on the weekend

I swapped my battery with my spare but still get a flashing blue light so itā€™s sadly not the xr battery thatā€™s broken. Iā€™m guessing something on the esc is fried but I donā€™t dare to open it as that could void my warranty

Tried random button press combinations to see if there was something hidden but no luck

heā€™s giving away wheels that are dangerous.