Revel at the "brand" new competitor in the direct drive Esk8 race!

Eh that kind of skews the advertised range if that’s really the recommended usage. I don’t recall reaching 10 miles before I hit that single bar.

1 Like

Range depends on temperature, rider size, top speed, stops, starts, rate of acceleration and braking.

I’m unikley to get the advertized range because I’m heavy and I accelerate hard. I suppose if I rode in Eco mode I could probably hit the advertized range. But I won’t because I cant enjoy eco mode.

With a 2WD Revel Kit I have achieved 15 kilometers of range before my first vibration alert. That’s 9.3 miles but I was riding unusually slow to make it to the next charging station. I think I rode the last half in eco mode. If I rode the same 2wD kit hard with periods of top speed and hard acceleration, I would hit the first vibration alert in as little as 6 kilometers. Thats less than 4 miles. And If I rode flat out at top speed on a cold day, I could cut that range in half again. For example my pre-winter 53 kph run on the 4WD Kit resulted brought on the first vibration alert in less than 6 kilometers (with two extended range batteries mounted).

Just remember that the advertised range is just a possibilty for an average weight rider riding conservatively. If that’s not you or if the weather is cold then don’t try to squeeze the advertized range out of the battery.

Your actual range is what ever you get until the first vibration alert. Then its time to swap or walk.

So I don’t want to beat this issue to death or to be critical of you. I made the exact same mistake years ago with other electric skateboards. So I’m not putting you down.

I actually I like how you phrased your question…“is that really the recommended usage.”

Well how many critical battery warnings do you think a rider should ignore. When you think about it the obvious answer is “never ignore a critical warning”.

If we want our batteries to last then we have to trust and pay attention to the first critical voltage battery vibration alert. We should not be relying on the battery meter after a vibration alert because the battery meter shows the voltage after its recovered.

The recent history of critical battery warnings is stored in our brains.

And the point of my lengthy posts on this topic are not to prove I’m right. Its because I’m a huge fan of the revel kit and I’m hoping customers will not mis-use thier batteries and then bad mouth the product and the company.

2 Likes

Yeah i’ve done more than the advertised range on the revel kit, flat ground mostly and i’m quite light

1 Like

Hey, changing topics, does anyone know the durometer rating of the stock revel kit wheels. The TB 78A seems much softer than the Revel Kit 90’s. I was thinking about 97mm 78A. I’d get better acceleration and perhaps a similar reduction in vibration.

Did you keep riding even after the first buzz warning?

1 Like

They’re advertised as 74a

1 Like

About 2 buzzes then i stop, the strange thing is when i bump it down to speed mode 1-2 there’s no buzzing

Nope. 97mm 78A. ON sale for $39.00. Half price.

They also have 90mm 74A. Maybe you were referring to those.

@pkasanda I have 90x52 and 100x52 with kegel style cores in 74A Black. The 97mm 78A Flywheels are ABEC Clones.

The 90x52 74A Black should work nicely.

1 Like

Hey Dexter:
I’d like a set of the 97’s that are on sale. I’m going to send you a message via your web site. I’m curious about shiping costs to Canada. It look like it going to be a long time before I can cross the border to pick up packages.

Are the 97’s the same urethane as my 110mm TB 78A. Or are they harder like the standard TB PU?

I was referring to what the revel boards site listed their stock revel kit wheels as which is 74a.

Oh. I see my confusion. Thats odd though because 74A is supose to be much softer than 78A and its the other way around when I compare the Revel Kit wheels to the TB 78A 110mm.

@pkasanda The 90mm and 100mm are the same as our 110s. I’ll check your email.

So you are saying the 97mm’s are harder. The standard hardness?

Yeah, correct. We’ll eventually get rid of all those ABEC Flywheels.

Hmm. So is it just that manufacurers are inconsistent about what they call a 78A? OR is there a structural difference in the 110mm. Is the core slightly foamed? Are there two different hardnesses of PU with the harder PU on the outside. I love the 110’s but I would not mind the same material on a smaller wheel. So I guess I’m saying I want the 100’s or the 90’s

Our 83/90/97 ABEC Flywheels are China urethane so they are 78A but they run harder and formula is much different.

The 90/100/110 TORQUE Wheels with kegel style core is completely different and the 74A across 90/100/110 are all the same.

Both the 90s/100s 74A are nice and soft too just like the 110s minus the extra thickness.

There is no core foam at all.

4 Likes

Got it. Thanks. You might want to add a few notes to your web site. I would have been sad to order the 97’s and think that I was geting the 110mm compounds. Thats what I would have assumed based on the product images.

2 Likes

:rofl: Yeah, that would be haha. Will do. Thanks.