Revel at the "brand" new competitor in the direct drive Esk8 race!

Hello everyone wanted to report me again. I was busy with flipsky motor and vesc … long topic … My revel from the first delivery is still running smoothly after I have replaced my own bms all cell connectors and the inferior bearings now absolutely reliable. However, my son drives it, I don’t like the performens … to get more power I need more than max 30amp. Still, I love it for the unique plug and play system

2 Likes

If someone is interested in adding an additional battery for double range from his docking station and a second battery, I tried everything and it works :+1:

1 Like

A Frankenstein build of a land wheel hub and Revel battery pack?

1 Like

So your pictures show a combination of:
Landwheel Hubs
Flipsky Vesc
Revel Kit Battery

Correct?

Is the Battery Swappable?

pk

Yes it is interchangeable with the same slide mechanic as the revel. Use the docking station for this. It was just a test, I wanted to test how strong landwheel motors with vesc could be. I wanted to test this first before I install the flipsky 4.20 plus in the revel because they are similar motors. It wasn’t much better than the original esc from landwheel, but it worked perfectly with landwheel esc v5. No cut offs and 15 km range whif acceptable torque.

I actually did something similar to you but I took apart the batteries. 4x landwheel motors on this baby

This was the OG mod

That’s pretty funny how you combined the different generations of stuff together. I also got more performance out of my vescs than I did with the landwheel esc, what kind of settings are you running?

Yes I saw this Franken build … The battery is very time consuming. Respect. My settings with revel battery were 30a motor 25a battery (Samsung Q30 x2 max 30amp) didn’t want to risk anything. The vesc has found a new home in a different belt build, which accelerates better than my landwheel 4wd. a board which I get along with very well and does not exceed 10 kg.

1 Like

Ah yeah that sounds about right. I was surprised how much I got out of the motors though, much more torquey than the og landwheel esc

That’s very weird, haven’t experienced this before. What speed mode were you in?

Edit: also sounds like speed wobbles, the stock bushings aren’t great.

Does not sound like a Revel Kit. What size tires? Can you take any video. The Revel Kit is an amazing smooth ride. Work with Revel Support and lean on some ideas from contributors to this thread and you should end up happy.

I have two boosted boards and I rarely ride them because the Revel Kit 4WD is far preferable. You should end up in the same spot.

Log a ticket with Revel Support.

Hey @pacorocco. Here is an Idea. I wonder if your wheel adapters are loose and slipping under load. Disassemble all of the wheels and make sure the wheel adapters are locked in to the motor. If your axle nuts are too loose, you could get the kind of stick and slip or loss of power sensation that you are describing. It just takes one wheel adapter slipping to have that problem.

Re-assemble carefully to make sure the wheel adapter cogs are nested in the motor slots. I’m not sure if the wheel assembly is fresh from the factory or if you swapped Wheels. Whoever installed the wheels and adapters…it is possible that the cogs slipped out of the motor slots during assembly and that the assembler then tightened down the axle nuts to create a friction fit between the adapter cogs and the motor face. That friction fit could slip under load similar to how a worn out clutch on a car slips under acceleration or speed.

Also, post some pictures of your wheel adapters and how they are mounted on the motors. I’m curious if they are bolted to the motor or if they slip on to studs.

You can also try repairing the remote and make sure that your cell phone and remote are not side by side when you pair and operate your remote. However, your problem sounds much more like slipping adapters.

Let us know if either idea addresses your problem.

Try re-pairing the Remote that gave you trouble. I’m curious if it was a bad pairing.

I notice I get a vibration alert if I hold my Remote exactly beside my cell phone pocket. I also notice that I can’t open my Garage door with the key pad if I hold my Revel Kit remote or my Cell phone just inches from the garage door keypad.

So extremely close proximity can cause interference. I’m speculating that you may have had a bad pairing due to something like cell phone or wifi router proximity during pairing. It could have also happened at the factory if two remotes were in close proximity during pairing. This is mostly speculaton. I do have a vague recollection of having a bad pairing when I paired with both remotes turned on and very close to each other.

However, it would be best for you to find out now if you have a bad remote or bad pairing. I like to travel with two remotes incase the battery runs out on one.

I’m glad you are back up and running normally. Please let us know if your original remote pairs up well on a second attempt.

pk

What a weird issue. Glad you got it figured out

100 mega shock

2 Likes

Is that a loaded deck with red boa wheels? If so we have almost identical set ups minus the shred lights

No it was a custom deck with a personal graphic from skateshred.com with Senor Pepe 90mm wheels from haggyboard.com. I was unfortunate to get the red boas I still want them but I will wait for them to be back in stock.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what the true wheelbase limit is for the 4wd system, for being able to take out the batteries? Is it 25", inner bolt holes to inner bolt holes?

That spacing allows you to drop the battery down parallell to the track and slide in the battery.
If you are prepared to do an awkward angled insert, sliding one battery down the face of the opposing battery then you could reduce the spacing by 3/4 of an inch. But if you do that, every insert and every removal will be a struggle.

1 Like

I am going to try this as well. Thanks!

Hey Vanderlay. Wecome to the forum and this thread. Read some recent posts on battery issues and follow the same roadmap. Report the issue to Revel Support. Send Revelboards pictures, wait for instructions. Don’t dissassemble your battery without permission or instructions from Revel.

@ShutterShock, @revel_flo
Vanderlay contacted me on my youtube channel about one of his batteries not working.

1 Like