Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

They are not that bad boards once you upgrade the battery.

4 Likes

I don’t have these problems…

1 Like

Lazy…:rofl:

1 Like

:rofl:
I start welding soon in my trainee ship.

4 Likes

I wish I had the opportunity to learn this skill while growing up. It wasn’t offered in high school and the local trade school wasn’t my path.

There’s a makerspace near me that offers courses but I have to pay a loooot for them in addition to paying a steep membership fee.

Second knowledge passed down from trade masters is a priceless resource. Absorb all you can and ask as many questions as you can without being too annoying.

6 Likes

JB weld it back together and retry?

4 Likes

You can see my trainee ship as a education job.
3 years with school days. 4 days in the firm and one day school.

4 Likes

Excellent! I wish that was more mainstream in America.

Kids who do part time school, part time apprenticeship are often perceived as less educated or blue collar workers :confused:

The reality is that you get so much more experience working hands on with someone in that field.

7 Likes

I am a professional engineer.
On my first job, the owner of the company sent me to work as a helper for 2 months in the manufacturing floor.
One of the best things that ever happened in my career.

8 Likes

Don’t have jb weld on me, i’m still in the middle of nowhere :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

This is so fucking hard to find for internships. I had to turn down four offers from pretty otherwise reasonable companies simply because I was going to have absolutely no interaction with anything I was “working on”

And, in general - I think there’s a reason for it. Most mechanical engineers are perfectly fine crunching numbers and bullshit at a desk all day, every day, for fuckin life. Don’t understand how you can do that without wanting to blow brains out.

Then you have to filter through the few internships who are really just after an educated mech E to be an underpaid floor monkey for a little while. I settled a bit for what I just did my co-op with - but being in San Diego for 7 months was mostly worth it.

How long after college did you get your prof license? Having a hard time deciding if I want to go that route

3 Likes

You should try to buy a cheap TIG and learn with YouTube if you are really interested.

I learned by watching my wife’s uncle, I am far from @taz level but i welded part of the structure of my workshop’s roof. My welds can be improved but they hold.

3 Likes

It gets better. I dropped my vx1 from waist height on grass/mud. Now i can’t drive anymore because the thumbwheel doesn’t work. The vesc just receives a constant braking signal. Metrs ppm calibration doesn’t open.

Maybe i can try the mobile vesc tool

3 Likes

You probably broke the small piece connecting the thumbwheel to the PCB. I did this to a Hoyt Puck which they promptly replaced

2 Likes

The german dual system is unique in the world. and btw. 1200$ wage :+1:

5 Likes

I am in Greece so the procedure is different to the US.
To become a professional engineer it takes 5 years minimum in the university which leads to an engineering diploma equivalent to a master’s degree. Then you can immediately apply for you exams to get your license.
After that there is national legislation that requires extra years of experience in specific fields to sign for certain kind of stuff.

2 Likes

Ahhh. Yeah, we just have an exam after 4 year bachelor’s and then some every other year stuff we have to do to keep cert’d I think

2 Likes

There is another engineering degree which you can get from technical institutions after four years of study but they don’t have all of the rights we do.

2 Likes

Finally at Home. Took only 1.5 hours for 20km…

Luckily it seems to just be the red wire that disconnected.

Will report back after soldering it on again.
@Sn4Pz

3 Likes

On a budget you should consider the mini remote, it just works.

4 Likes