🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

This remade with unthreaded rivet nuts dropped in would make a solid jig. Bonus points for turning the nose into a vise clamp that threads the parts together tiiiiight.

3d printing is so neat.

6 Likes

Do the tyres and bearings still fit?:thinking:

They taped off the areas where the 2 pieces of the rim secure together so the tire shouldnt be an issue. The bearings on the other hand will hopefully not be an issue but I’m kinda rolling the dice on that one

I think you’ll be removing the paint from the bearing seats for sure. Unless the bearings were rattling around in there before.

Time will tell but I’m not super worried about it

But does it make your skate go back home by itself when you loose it?

2 Likes

You could always use some heat set inserts, either threaded off the shelf ones for injection moulding, or turn some custom ones

2 Likes

We’ll just call it a copy of metr. I’m surprised they were able to make it rectangular. Hasn’t that shape already been used for that? That’s a straight Xerox copy

3 Likes

What’s the deal with trampa? Why do i see so much hate?

I was just kidding, no hate in my post.

There’s a lot of passive-agressive going on with trampa for sure,
try the keywords “trampa” “vesc” “trademark” and “copyright” you’ll found enough drama to keep you occupied for the whole winter.

8 Likes

Oh lord… Where do we start. Theres gotta be a dozen summaries in a dozen threads about this. I’ll try and find the best one for you.

Evidence:

Tldr, we all called user changeable (variable) escs vescs for forever. Benjamin Vedder was hired on by Frank/Trampa and Frank started dishing out the cease and desists for anyone calling them vescs. Stewii from the thread I linked was the most prominent source of this asshattery. One dude made some awesome little escs and was met with such a huge fight that it stifled the innovation.

Frank defending his rights of solo vesc usage:

Frank demanding old vesc versions not be stored here and only in vesc software:

Lots of other examples but to summarize, Frank is not friend for future esk8 development.

5 Likes

Well, he is a friend to the development of his own products, not community development

6 Likes

He put the grip tape grippers away :cry:

Gotta break in the new shoes!

who r u, what have u done with our Al

3 Likes

bipolar-two-faced

3 Likes

r those mr30 for sensor…?

1 Like

Yeah. Wires split across the two connectors. I wanted a quick disconnect enclosure.

weipu connector bro

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen some better options since. This will do for now but I could see making changes in the future to it.

4 Likes