šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Martymane the fact that u spent 700$ on a bio v2 deck and enclosure combo just to put dkp belts on it genuinely upsets me

6 Likes

I feel that too, but IMO the best choice of parts to put on that deck and enclosure is what BioBoards already sells stock soā€¦ Idk itā€™s something different

2 Likes

At least he doesnā€™t need risers with the dkps :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

XD, ur know ur not wrong

1 Like

Um I wonā€™t nit pick a few spots on my deck, (small girl voice is it mine? I hope itā€™s mine!squeee) dam it I have nothing to do I sleep 3 hours a nite the suspense is killing me, I ride at nite and donā€™t look down, if I do I have so much light the glass fri will blind me anyway.

Sorry Iā€™ll go back to quietly reading, I have cabin fever&dog now hates me because I donā€™t walk her .

Also if I donā€™t stop postin nonesk8 Pisces to the picture only thread I expect torches and pitchforks at my door soon

That is a killer finish! Nice work.
What did you end up using to smooth/fill the layer lines?

Maybe itā€™s the lighting, but that puck looks like something straight out the factory :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Most important thing is prep beforehand and many thin coats. The more sanding you do up front the less you will have to do later.

Basically the whole process went like this:

1. Fill bottom support interface with black nail polish
  2. Sand everything to the best of my abilities using ~150 grit
  3. Coat with filler primer, many coats until all gouges/imperfections are filled (you can sand between coats here)
  4. Sand again using finer and finer grit (I went 200, 500, steel wool)
  5. Important if any 3D print is still showing put more coats of primer until you canā€™t see any plastic. Otherwise you will get different colors showing through the paint. (Sand lightly after doing this step)
  6. Spray with color of choice (Krylon satin florescent pink and satin black for me)
  7. Spray with enamel to protect coats (Krylon satin clear)
  8. Donā€™t fucking touch it for like 2 days or you will put fingerprints on it and have to put another coat.
  9. Done!

There are some things I would have changed, mostly just masking off the inside of the button holes so that I didnā€™t have to sand them after the fact and then chip off some of the paint on accidentā€¦

It was super rewarding seeing a prototype-looking 3D print become something that looks like it was injection molded though!

10 Likes

Whatā€™s that carabiner in the back for?
Also 1 motor 2WD ā€“ nice! Can you do kickturns though? :laughing:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a carrying strap. :smiley: Kickturns are easy, just donā€™t lift the nose too high or the mounts will scrape. :smiley:

1 Like

The locked together wheels donā€™t bother you? Nice! :smiley:

Yeah well small ones are no problem, big ones need much more force. Also you need to be driving, doing them while standing still is pretty much impossible. :smiley:

1 Like

I really like that board, but I have to say the kicktail that you canā€™t use because of the rear-mounted motors aggravates me a bit lol. Iā€™m doing my first build now and Iā€™m having to go to great lengths to do a front mount on a still somewhat short kicktail, but Iā€™m definitely not compromising on that. I think Iā€™ve figured everything out so that Iā€™ll have like 3mm of clearance between the motor and my enclosure no matter what lol.

4 Likes

fighting the good fight you are

1 Like

Yeah, there has been some poor planning though. I saw someone say something about idlers being great, but in retrospect, a mount with idlers definitely was a poor choice for trying to fit on a kicktail. Also my previous prebuilt had a thick enclosure which I bashed pretty good a few times so I wanted something thin. Now I realize thick is kind of a necessity for an actually short kicktail with a front mount belt drive. Weā€™ll see how it works out when itā€™s together in a week or two though.

1 Like

Thick is absolutely needed

Jesus Christ. 1 remote ainā€™t enough?

1 Like

Bamboo goes with the hayas
Red bamboo for my red evo 36
Black bamboo for my evo40
1 plastic black is bioboards
other plastic is for other

1 Like

That is a LOT of boards!

I kind of feel like this ā€œprimadonnaā€ remark is what hinders people from posting on the forum. @Takachi14, you must be better than everyone else.
I also donā€™t like DKP, but donā€™t be an dick about it

6 Likes

im not being a dick nor think im better then anyone on the forums ur taking this way out of context. At the end of the day his setup isnt my own so i really dont care i just personally feel that it didnt do such a good deck justice adding dkp belts to it but he can run watever tf he wants. i got both teh v1 and v2 bio deck and run gears on them so again to me at the end of the day it really doesnt matter. It just made no real sense spending the extra cash on such a expensive combo to put said drivetrain setup on it. IDK how that comes off as me thinkin im better then him or being a dick