šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

LMAO

That kicktail is far from ā€œfunctionalā€. Even more so when you put a bunch of heavy batteries under the belly.

It is a cool deck though, besides its marketing-bullet-point-only ā€œtailā€

Itā€™s more like a place for a handle. :crazy_face:

1 Like

id just straight up cut it off for safety >.>

Or just get the 36" evo and donā€™t cut anything :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

do you toast your ravioli just for measurement purposes or you eat it that way too?

1 Like

eat

ah I see it is a literal St. Louis thing

may have to try it tho

1 Like

LOL I didnā€™t even realize it looked like that but it totally does! Was more going for a shiny cartoon style.

3 Likes

Verrrrry nicely done!
Though I suspect youā€™ll get a scolding from others for crossing over balancing leads. :grin:

3 Likes

I didnā€™t build the battery but Iā€™m getting my ass handed to me in a chat right now about it

but I think thereā€™s no need for concern on this

4 Likes

Yes ā€“ toasted ravioli ā€” and also pizza on thin, crunchy crust that resembles unsalted crackers. And Saint Paul Sandwiches. And provel cheese on said pizza instead of mozzarella. And pork steaks.

Be nice to me! :confounded: tottaly fine to do this IMO unless there is some ungodly things going on inside the enclosure

3 Likes

If the balance leads are on top without being squeezed it shouldnā€™t be an issue, but itā€™s still unnecessary risk. If theyā€™re squeezed in any way Iā€™d definitely be concerned, especially if it was plastic insulation.

edit: ninjaā€™d by @Skyart

1 Like

itā€™s totally surrounded by plastic, the lid also has no exposed metal

1 Like

its not ideal but in your particular use, its not an issue. i know a lot of people round here are all about perfectionism and overengineering, but good enough is still good enough, if you ask me.

3 Likes

i would never call Artemā€™s work ā€œgood enoughā€, he is an artist

but Iā€™m not going to respond about battery concerns, itā€™s above me and if Artem says it is good, it is good

4 Likes

I completely agree. I was only referring to what others would say. No scolding from me. :slightly_smiling_face:

While I consider crossed balancing leads with additional insulation between them to be a ā€œbest practiceā€ I think the risk of silicone-insulated crossed leads being messed up while parallel leads not being damaged in the same situation to be unlikely.

Plastic-insulated leads however should never be crossed over though, IMO. They melt verrry easily.

2 Likes

i agree 100%, hell, im typing this with my computer on one of his builds. but if it works perfectly for the use case, i dont think its a real problem, just something that nitpickers will nitpick.

4 Likes

Amen, I canā€™t imagine something happeningā€¦ Unless youā€™re throwing your board off a damn cliff consistently.

2 Likes

Cut some fishpaper squares and tape them between. Easy peasy butt acne squeezie.

1 Like

Damn, I love where you placed the charge port and power button. Wish I had such a shallow button when I built my friendā€™s Haya, lol

1 Like