šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

I could probably overclock my 8600k a bit, I have it on totally default clocks. Computer chuggs when Iā€™m editing videos

Back when I was 8 or 9 I won the lottery in activating a factory disabled core on some model I canā€™t even remember lol. Fun times. Mofos would literally order, try that, & sent back until theyā€™d got a factory disabled core of whatever they were actually after

For how much I used to give a fuck about getting every ounce of raw performance possiblyā€¦ I uh, became 14 and stopped giving a fuck. Of all the fucking nerds I knew trying to push the absolute shit out of their specs, none of them came close to using them for any litany of possible reasons & also tended to suck arse at games.

Now just likeā€¦ build computer w/w.e is available or not getting priced gouged to shit, skate, have sex lmao.

MSI sending me a brand new 7950 twin frozr II when used 6950s fans died (they apparently didnā€™t have any modules on hand) made me love them and also got me $75k from DOGE last may lol.

I had two issues with MSI from 2015-2019 that made me FUCKING hate them though, and I still do to this day. Getting that fresh card because a used one I bought on eBay was fucking awesome of them/to young me, but they (as basically every other major vendor) have done too much gross shit lately & never does as much as apologize for itā€¦

1 Like

danng haha lucky man

Not even slightly. Hellishly rough 2 years lol.

1 Like

Iā€™m confused, was there a spike or a wheel spin or something? There are several other points on that ride that the speed looks much higher.

1 Like

The city has a little festival going on during this whole Derby day event, so there is a big Ferris wheel in there spinning around. In the background. The video uses different frame rates and slows down at certain points for The cinematography blah blah blahā€¦ And depending on the boards, may not have been going fast hahaha

Nah I mean on the graph.

Ah I see, looks like a spike behind the line I couldnā€™t see :+1:

1 Like

thatā€™s what happened to me when i tried to use the old ICQ sound as my notification sound, first, u canā€™t drag and drop into android like that, then secondly, u canā€™t even set ur own notification sound without converting to some weird format using itunesā€¦i lived painfully for half a year because i always miss my notification. (back in the iphone 6s period)

1 Like

Ahhh I understand!! Here is the metr logs:

2 Likes

OSX vs windows is the only possible place Iā€™d argue for Appleā€™s side lol. iOS not being able to sideload is a dealbreaker for me that makes all of their other devices completely nonstarters for me. OSX and Windows both have massive issues, but TBH I like OSX a lot more for the most part. Linux is the clear best OS to me though.

3 Likes

Someone who sees the light.

2 Likes

@Ace

An interesting experiment

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never had to sideload tbh haha. Guess it depends on the user, but iOS is much better for me.

And the biggest upside to windows is the gaming aspect. The support for modern games is trash on OSX.

Not hating on OSX because honestly I am probably going to get a MacBook soon, but for me, Windows always wins.

Gaming is the absolutely only thing that windows has going for it though IMO. I use all 3 operating systems and canā€™t think of any other reason to use windows other than gaming and some other software compatibility things. If Steamā€™s recently reinvigorated push to get everything working on linux works out Iā€™ll see no reason for windows anymore.

1 Like

Windows is also good for locking down enterprise workstations, and itā€™s good for hardware engineering.

Personally a Linux fan myself though.

1 Like

That a new helmet? Looks fresh af.

What problems have people had with windows? Iā€™ve been using windows 11 since it came out. Gaming, web browsing, using all the office stuff for work, my wife does homework on it, and I occasionally edit pictures and videos on it. Besides some expert stuff, Iā€™ve used almost all of its capabilities without any issues. No crashes, no errors, nothing. Even better than the previous windows for me.

1 Like

I think the main issue people have with Windows is that the canā€™t tell the difference between a hardware, and software issue. I remember in the late '90, early '00, a lot of friends and family bought the cheapest/shityist Dell laptops. When those died, they went out and bought 1,400 MacBook pros, and siad Macā€™s are better.

once you understand hardware thereā€™s very little difference between a hardware and a software issue. the software just controls the hardware, and any purely software issue is actually user error in disguise.

3 Likes

This is deep.

I cannot disagree though.

2 Likes