🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

well duh

You can’t buy a “cheap/shitty” macbook lol

They’re all shitty because they support a shitty company that hurts the economy and is vehemently against right to repair.

3 Likes

What this, she looks fine :eyes:

Dell is shitty but not Apple shitty or Tesla shitty

2 Likes

They are not alone there

No, but they are the elephant in the room.

Ask any business student from the past 50 years and they’ll tell you supporting right to repair is a terrible idea.

Fuck 'em.

1 Like

A terrible idea for whom?

Everything benefits someone

A terrible idea for the company.

A great idea for their customers.

1 Like

Now those are amazing ESCs for a 100mph build! 250A each :smiley:

https://www.tronicsystems.com/shop

3 Likes

250 phase amps would rip the soles off your shoes

3 Likes

Lol well when you look at it that way…

I’ve had a multitude of issues with it over time. A lack of ability to actually control updates has been an issue I’ve had more recently. Generally, it isn’t as easy to customize your general GUI to your liking as Linux and after having total control over how to configure the OS GUI it’s a bit annoying. Installing software is pretty annoying compared to package managers. The lack of an integrated bash shell is annoying to me sometimes though I think they may have made a way to do this easier in windows now. I haven’t tried that in a while. The annoying integrated program/file and web search which makes hitting windows and typing a program name inferior to similar functions on other OSes. Difficulty setting up things like printers occasionally that actually just work on other OSes. I could probably think of more, but that seems like a pretty substantial list. I could probably fix most of those things if I dug around for programs enough, but I’ve had bad luck with installing things that change core functionality of windows. Back in the windows 7 days I tried to install something to give me a workspace switcher in windows because I had just started using Linux and loved being able to switch workspaces. It borked my whole windows install and caused a lot of headaches. Since then I’ve always just lived with windows more or less as an as is thing, but there are many things I’d like to change about it. The fixes are usually as bad or worse than the problem though.

2 Likes

This is one of the silliest things ever, and it’s annoying.

1 Like

They need to bring back XP search with HW acceleration. That shit was almost as good as Everything (app)

This can be easily disabled, I disabled mine a bit ago.

1 Like

:wink:

1 Like

Everytime I do stuff like that things get borked. I used to disable cortana or whatever and that borked certain things. I disabled some annoying xbox app when I wasn’t using it because you can’t just uninstall it, then my friends wanted to play a game that was only through the Microsoft store and that whole thing is borked for me and it’s a giant pain to be able to join people’s games through Microsoft services because I don’t remember what I did or how to fix it. Googling it, it looks like there was actually a button at some point for disabling web search, but it’s gone now and you have to do a registry edit or something to remove web search. Everytime I go down that rabbit hole I end up with something breaking in the future and not knowing how to fix it. That is another thing I don’t like. They constantly take away useful features, bury them somewhere, or otherwise make the experience worse and more frustrating.

1 Like

Sounds like Google Maps

I’m gonna call it bad luck for you :rofl::rofl:

I’d say 75-85% of the stuff you’ve listed as problems I’ve never experienced. Especially with disabling the web search, no problems at all disabling it, so far.

Guess it’s to each their own. I’ve had zero issues or complaints with windows 11 so far. Haven’t found anything I was like “oh, wish this was different” with.

1 Like