šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Yeah I think they look super neat

2 Likes

@Skatardude10, @Venom121212, whatā€™s the benefit of using vinegar for the dyeing process? I just used water and they came out good. Does vinegar help the material absorb the dye?

1 Like

They specifically listed a few materials that vinegar supposedly helps with. Iā€™m assuming the acidity helping it bind more to nylon fabrics.

2 Likes

Optimum pH for acid dyes. Some have acids built in, depends on the dye.

2 Likes

Yep, bothā€¦ thatā€™s what I read exactly. I havenā€™t tried dying without vinegar since we always have a ton using it in every load of laundry, dishes, wiping up, etc.

1 Like

Stanleyā€¦

ā€¦we wanna help you do things right

6 Likes

Lol just saw that on a Facebook group. I always knew it wasnā€™t my fault my measurements were off

2 Likes

ā€¦I always blame it on jimmy carter and me having 9 toesā€¦

2 Likes

1 toe short of a foot is it? Lol

I knew a biker who lost all his toes on 1 foot in an accident, maybe thatā€™s what motorcycle boots are for.

3 Likes

and NOT crashing into the earthā€¦ thank gawd I still have my legā€¦ they had to cut the boot off meā€¦ Iā€™d bent the steel shank in the boot making it impossible~ish to get offā€¦

4 Likes

Couple years back that Tahitian dude went MX racing in the US in I think San Bernardino. He crashed and ended up in a really bad shape his insurance wouldnā€™t cover medical expenses because of some loopholes or some shit. The bill was around 1 million US$, poor guy dreamt all his life to compete in an event in the US and had some really bad luck.

2 Likes

Glen Helen (yep San Berdoo)ā€¦ I know the track wellā€¦ sorry about the dude, I hope he got it all sortedā€¦

3 Likes

I feel like I need to respond to this ā€¦ really just my tear ducts are swelling (quite) a bit.

At least I got good music in the background?

1 Like

Sorry I donā€™t get the question, that video I posted doesnā€™t have any sound.

2 Likes

he was jamminā€™ to his own tunes

2 Likes

Wow !!! A quarter inch off. That would literally fuck up my carriage house doors in my job lol

2 Likes

at my job itā€™d make a dragster into a circle track race car

2 Likes

My job always says, ā€œitā€™s always safer too measure from the 1ā€mark & just subtract 1ā€ whatever your measurement is

1 Like

2 Likes

i have to double check my tapes now :joy:. I have one in metric only for furniture and the other is both metric/imperial. I never checked if they measured the same. Small stuff I use a 1000mm metal ruler which I am sure is accurate.