šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

I always wanted one of these setups lol

Wonā€™t be needing it now because @Evwan is buying all that hardware lol

1 Like

I got just one small organizer for screwsā€¦

Then I ended up getting other organizers and drawers, some tools to fill the drawers and then spare parts to keep on hand. Now the stack is growing but it tickles my brain too much to stop.

Genuinely is a great system especially since I am back and forth from school and home and I can load my whole setup into my truck with no worries of loose parts.

Highly recommend to everyone especially if you can 3D print your own custom dividers and pieces.

2 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face:

Looks awesome! What mold release are you planning to use?

1 Like

I think iā€™m gonna sand as best as I can and then use a filler primer, then iā€™ll just use honey wax as release.

2 Likes

I have the same plan currently :smiley: Except I spare the bees and use straight regular paraffin wax

1 Like

Haha i donā€™t think any bees are harmed in the production of honey wax. But iā€™m not too sure about that :rofl:

Its an awesome release agent though. I love it.

3 Likes

wow thats a steep price for 400g bee wax :smiley: for that price you could get at least like 10kg paraffin wax. :smiley:

2 Likes

It just works. Like every time. And a tin of it lasts for ages so iā€™m happy to pay for it.

I also have an aerosol release that iā€™ll probably use on top of the honey wax on the inner buck

3 Likes

If youā€™re happy, Iā€™m happy. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be happy when the last piece is printed :rofl: this has been quite the exercise in patience :rofl: 40 something hours left to go

2 Likes

I feel you, my mold is in 6 pieces, each took around 17h :smiley: Thatā€™s 4 Ā¼ days straight printing

1 Like

Is this on the river Rhine in Germany? It looks so familiarā€¦

1 Like

Its the Maas, near Maastricht in the Netherlands :grin:

2 Likes

I see. Looks very similar to a stretch of Rhine I know :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

These are really intriguing. @Ean.esk8 what angles do the three adjustments put the truck at?

It seems the bushings are offset as well?

2 Likes

Reminds me of those DH trucks that are super premium. I keep thinking aera but thatā€™s not it.

Google fu, go!

2 Likes

Frick I even have the gif saved

6c14ab_21d42f3ee5534cb99b81ad65adfef3c2_mv2

Starts with a Vā€¦

1 Like

Did you justā€¦ take a screenshot on your phone of a photo of your laptop?
:exploding_head:

He took a screenshot on his phone of my picture of my laptop lol

You can continue this chain for the memes

1 Like

reverse image search on the logo got me nothin. that looks interesting.

2 Likes