šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Perhaps the boost converterā€™s input caps are drawing too much current when being charged (during connection). Might be worth trying an AS switch in the circuit?

2 Likes

Will do, just follow the usb c charging thread and Iā€™ll eventually post my progress there

1 Like

Maybe, Iā€™ll see how @ShutterShock does, and then I go on a quest for a really small AS switch. :smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™m no no time schedule for this project so donā€™t hold your breath haha

1 Like

Same, donā€™t sweat it. :smiley:

1 Like

thatā€™s a beautiful pair of strippers

4 Likes

Theyā€™re really nice. Perfect for teflon wires, hopefully good for short little balance leads too where i canā€™t get the clamping strippers onto

2 Likes

Iā€™m going back to these. Have one of those automatic ones, but itā€™s a turd to adjust and the sleeves get stuck in it.

Fuck this thing:

1 Like

Please be careful with the BMS. I got some over voltage faults while riding with daly going 20S full charge.

Best looking stripper Iā€™ve ever seen

3 Likes

Two months, board wonā€™t be done for another month :wink:

6 Likes

@Lee_Wright is that a moon gdā€™s gear? How did that happen?

2 Likes

Yeah man.

Just using them mate. The gears are incredibly thin where they transition from mount to teeth.

1 Like

What was the failure mode? Did things lock up or did you just lose power? Mby moon designed it that way since he was figured the teeth breaking off could cause more serious issues?

I just lost power dude. I think itā€™s been rectified on the later batches with a thicker gear, this is an earlier one. I donā€™t see a situation where a broken wheel gear would lock up the metal motor gear, it would just chew the plastic up

2 Likes

@EreTroN I have 2 builds that ive been slowly working on, back burner style. Ones going purple, white, and some dashes of gold, and now I think I know what Iā€™m doing for the wire covers x)

2 Likes

@EreTroN how hard was it to get at the base of the wires and do that super clean sleeving job? Iā€™ve never had a reason to open up a motor until I saw this, but now I gotta do it.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t open the motor. Removing original sleeve and heatshrink was pita.

This takes time. But itā€™s really not that hard. I didnā€™t go to the root of the wires (motor side) on purpose because I wanted to cover that part with silicone.

Now I am waiting it to cure.

3 Likes

fookinā€™ inspirational.

whats all the spadge for?