🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Damon?

The walmart version.

2 Likes

I’m embarrassed to admit how much I like this.

2 Likes

No shame in that, go karts are a lot of fun. Don’t let the size fool you, it can keep up with stooge raceboards on the track.

8 Likes

Dude that came out so fucking nice! Really well done :facepunch:

2 Likes

Thanks bro, appreciate it :smiley: You can still kinda see where I joined the two printed molds together, but its by far the nicest enclosure I ever build myself. Next one gonna be even better. And its super light!

3 Likes

That’s awesome as fuck!! Excellent work dude. Bonus points for the color scheme matching a buncha my stuff. What you fitting in there?

1 Like

Thanks! That’s going to be my campus cruiser, a single drive 8S4P pack.

2 Likes

Nice! Esc as well? Actually shit that’s only a few cells short, think it could fit a 12s3p?
As a short board guy that thing looks kinda perfect for a lot of my decks.

Yeah, a 12s3p pack should also fit, but only 18650 cells and you’d need to use a very small charge only bms. If you use single drive you can use any ESC that’s not too thick, dual drive would be difficult, you’d need something very small. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good stuff! I’d probably just fill it with cells and run a separate enclosure with a unity in it. I’ve been playing with single drive a bit lately and I don’t like it. A: unless you add some counterweight I find that single drives do a signature little wiggle when you let off the throttle, and B: I ride extremely loose truck setups, and I found I often end up lifting a back wheel when I turn, which can make my drive wheel stop touching the ground when I need it to.

Yep, those are some valid points. The main benefit is saving a lot of weight, because this thing is gonna get carried around a lot. Built in shoulder strap incoming. :smiley: I hope I can live with the drawbacks. If not, I’ll just convert it to dual drive.

1 Like

One of the first mods I did to my boosted mini was installing a whole strap I cut off my backpack, and I have yet to find a better carrying method. It also doubled as a ratchet strap to hold a 12 pack between my feet. That ship sailed away with Theseus, tho.

2 Likes

Why is your remote so disgusting Alfonso?

2 Likes

You answered your own question

3 Likes

He’s a dirty birdie.

1 Like

Whoa…nicely balanced at the bottom.
Those cells were already top balanced before the discharge? If so that is a verrry nicely matched set of cells!

2 Likes

The cells are brand new P42a they generally all come in pretty close to matched

Almost done with this monster

12 Likes

I like ur phone stand

5 Likes

Lets me know how it goes, I’ve been trying to do this but somehow my GAN charger doesn’t like step up converters. :smiley:

1 Like