šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

ftfy :joy:

1 Like

This is my JAM. Guessing you modified the real-time screen for landscape layout? Awesome hackin!

5 Likes

Kinda, it already had landscape, but it didnā€™t fit on one screen (2014 era phone so resolution isnā€™t great), so I moved stuff around and modified it for my preferences (voltage set to per cell, info displayed, etc.). It looks garbage when flipped back to portrait, and likely looks wrong on any other phone, but Iā€™m going to test drive it first and see if the layout works for me. Thank you for making FreeSK8 open source, as well as making it backwards compatible that far!

The hard part now is figuring out a strong enough phone mounting solution :rofl: . I see those spring loaded go pro mount clamps, but something tells me that wonā€™t hold up to the vibrations of skateboarding.

3 Likes

Broā€¦ did you dig up your elementary school time capsule for the digital camera you used to take these photos?

6 Likes

Are you pulling wheeles on that thing or what

I guess its for transport, so you can roll your boerd behind you without scratching the motors on the groundā€¦Had this idea almost 2 years,too, but I ride hub motors so no need for them Spirenzchen :joy:

1 Like

I am old

1 Like

No need to pick board up and carry. Lift board up by front trucks and pull board along.

4 Likes

Youā€™re going to want to remove the text from these posts (see title)

1 Like

Thats a nice solution. :slight_smile:

@Taraskasyanyuk I usually donā€™t like to be that guyā€¦. but, you did mount your bindings the wrong way :grimacing:

4 Likes

Yeah oddly enough, the arrows are supposed to point towards your toes

@Taraskasyanyuk

2 Likes

Yikessss. Idk man, they seem comfortable :laughing:

1 Like

Try them the other way. Might get even more comfortable :wink:

1 Like

Haha will do!

Yeeeeeessssssssss

3 Likes

:ok_hand:t2:

4 Likes

Any specific reason not to cut out the excess fabric before applying frit or is it just a matter of preference?

1 Like

Its a little difficult cutting the fabric out while the resin is still wet :sweat_smile: believe me, iā€™ve tried :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes