šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

This? :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yep! I tried photographing it last year, was a bit of a challenge since I live in just about the brightest area possible and was using a ten year old camera.

1 Like

@glyphiks what happened? The fall was from human error or from the deck?

3 Likes

Deck snapped and launched me :sweat_smile:

Rode it home with my foot on top of the front truck :rofl:

11 Likes

Where the f is that? You must be in the middle of nowhere to get such a clear picture without light pollution

1 Like

Just outside my city

3 Likes

Mmm interesting, I guess Spanish night life pollutes the sky a ton as Iā€™m in a small beach town and canā€™t get near that star count.

I imagine youā€™re using a camera and not just the phone? A tripod itā€™s a must in long exposure so I assume that

2 Likes

Nope, smartphone (Oneplus 6t) with the Google Camera and the Nighsight / astrophotography mode.

5 second timer and just placed it down on my deck.

Again a disclaimer:

3 Likes

Oh shut, I will try that camera app then.

By the way, I love OnePlus phones but the camera in my (recently destroyed in a esk8 crash) OnePlus 5t was garbage. Iā€™m now rocking a s21 which camera itā€™s amazing.

Can I get a link to the camera app?

1 Like

Yeah the camera has always been somewhat meh. The google camera port that has really changed the outcome of pictures.

Download page is here:

There are a ton of different developers for the camera port. Some specialize on a brand/phone others do a general port. The link above is from the main man behind the port who does(should) support the latest samsung phones. The devs often have the brand or phone next to their name. You might need to install different versions depending on compatibility since this is just a port of the camera.

Plus some versions arenā€™t 100% stable so keep that in mind. Havenā€™t had issues in recent months though.

The only thing Iā€™m not using the app is for video. The viewfinder kinda looks as if your camera lense has smudges on it. Ymmv

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for this I dive further in when I get home! At first sight, the last version I downloaded doesnā€™t work for my phone but Iā€™m sure someone has done a version that works for me!

1 Like

Samsung phones seems to be quite hard to port it or samsung did something weird with the OS.

1 Like

Iā€™m not surprised about that lol, at least Samsungā€™s camera app isnā€™t bad so ill just roll with it.

Iā€™m in the process of reviving my OnePlus, it turns on now but I need a new glass for the back camera. So when itā€™s ready I will install the port there to see if I get an improvement

1 Like

I think the main problem is the usage of AOSP compared to stock android.

One thing that is important for you - the google camera wonā€™t or canā€™t replace the Samsung camera. Mainly because of the plethora of different cameras you have that probably canā€™t be used in the gcam (i think thatā€™s obvious)

Same for resolution EXCEPT if the devs have added some stuff. So see it as an addition to your stock camera.

For other phones that are not using aosp it can be a full replacement.

What is the ā€œshock dampening gel padā€? These could be easily made at home. But looks interesting, I would have never guessed that ABS pads would be great for grip, but yeah, you can print easily spikes on them.

Service announcement: This good looking man is up for grabs! Go get yourself this one of a kind specimen.

(Also nice pictures and beautiful scenery!)

4 Likes

Itā€™s subtle, but I can see it!

Enjoy! :sun_with_face: :mountain:

4 Likes

Still no fixed cables. Shame. ding ding

The cables are fiiiiiiiiine

Next time ill ask @mrjonnyjones for a large one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And thanks bro

3 Likes