šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Looks like a cheerio on steroid :star_struck:

We have the same arrangement in my place now, I donā€™t know how I lived without it before

1 Like

3d printing testā€¦getting good results now :grin:

1 Like

Ellegoo Neptune 2, Prusa Slicer w/ ender 3 slicer printer settings, Prusament Galaxy Black PLA with Creality prusament filament settings.

1 Like

Make JayKay trucks but they use classic skate wheels and trucks, ultra unsuspicious

Looking about as good as it can be, nice work!

Not finished yet. Waiting for some odds and ends but staring to get there.

7 Likes

Thanks man, its just about were I want it. Fun things to come

1 Like

You can, just took some tweaking and a little patience to get it right. Biggest recommendation I can give besides the obvious of a level bed and correct setting isā€¦ Have a CLEAN printing surface. Make sure to wipe it down well with some Isopropyl Alcohol, mild soapy water or even Windex can work. But, a clean surface is a must. I was having a lot of issues until I used a clean bed, either metal flexi plate or (even better a piece of glass) will work, you can use the glue stick but, with a good clean surface you shouldnā€™t need it. Hope that helps!

1 Like

Yeah I wipe the bed with isopropyl alcohol before every print. Adhesion problems are a thing of the past. :smiley: I just have a lot of tiny layer shifts, and lots of stringingā€¦

What printer and slicer are you using?

I have a Prusa MK3S+, and I use prusa slicer. I pretty sure that its just the garbage filament that I currently have, Prusament Filament works miles better on most prints. Its just so expensiveā€¦

Sounds like you should be fine then. Filament can for sure be your issue, Prusament isnt too bad if you get it directly, itā€™s double on amazon. Yeah, I have Prusament PLA, Amolen PLA(30%woodfill), CCTree PLA and some Overture Nylon. They all print well with the appropriate stock filament setting provided through Prusa slicer. The wood I get a slight stringing and the nylon is a little as well. Otherwise they all work great.

1 Like

Do you use an enclosure? So far I have only printed in PLA as Iā€™ve read that for Nylon and other thermally more stable stuff you need one.

bruh wtf. Did you jump with it or something?

1 Like

No enclosure, may help a little though as I have a little consistency issue but, still pretty clean prints

1 Like

200-4

So fresh, so clean.

3 Likes

dang. my oil slicks definitely did better than that. bad batch?

6 Likes

How is it when I bend trucks everyone is all ā€œhaha fattyā€ but the pretty ones get benefit of the doubt?

7 Likes

If I did jump with it, shouldnā€™t these trucks be able to hold up to that abuse?! I didnā€™t jump it, but it did smack a 3 inch concrete lip at 20mphā€™ish after my buddy under estimated the strength of my breaks compared to his meepo. While he was falling off, he must have engaged that trigger.

1 Like