šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

the case it low profile enough that it actually cant contact the ground even if the board rolls. the impact will get absorbed by the wheels/bindings.

1 Like

Yep. Iā€™ve had multiple cars run over my analog longboard until it died a splintery death. Although, no remote controlled brakes on it either.

No better hard cases than pelican knock offs to your liking?

1 Like

Not sure I grasp the scenario youā€™re talking about. In a bad enough crash, you have to assume the board will roll/flip/hit a tree sideways. The case definitely has the potential to take a direct hit and you should prepare for that eventuality. (Or maybe more likely - the wheels of an oversized soccer momā€™s SUV)

2 Likes

I understand where your coming from but if I get hit by a car then I am going to be more concerned about myself then the board. At the end of the day its a skateboard not a tank. I cant expect any board to survive getting hit by a car. if a car got hit by a car is there a 100% chance that it will still drive afterwards?

Cars are our worst enemy, Iā€™ve had some idiot take a shallow left turn and run the nose of my backfire G2 over before. Bad day.
Im still hunting for enclosures, considering both hard plastic cases and action sport type cases, I really bought this EVA case to test fit it and see how I like it. Itā€™s rigid against abrasion but I donā€™t think your electronics will fair well if it takes a big impact.
Also doesnā€™t hate on the nanuk case, this thing is a tank. Itā€™s built super well.

1 Like

it should still work. I donā€™t have the model for a fsesc6.6 or a stormcore but the ubox is also huge and it still fits.

1 Like

I hear you, but thereā€™s a gradient between
ā€œCrushed to death by 5ton vehicleā€, and
ā€œMy board doesnā€™t catch on fire when a car wheel rolls over it.ā€

I would wager a fiberglass enclosure will survive multiple car wheels rolling over it. Maybe itā€™ll crack, but the battery internals will not rupture.

A soft case like you guys are looking at isnā€™t waterproof (as far as I know), isnā€™t crush proof, and is only sightly more protective than a soft bag.

Everyone makes their choice on how much risk to accept. Thatā€™s your decision. Iā€™m just pointing out that soft cases survive less real world incidents than hard cases. Camera equipment and drone transport donā€™t have to worry about traffic

(I donā€™t have experience with reinforced soft cases. Maybe some exist that are more robust.)

2 Likes

yeah I had another idiot turn right in front of me and I bounced off the side of hit car at like 25mph.
that board didnt survive. it didnt explode tho. chibatterysystems makes good batteries lol.

2 Likes

Yeah I just stomped on the EVA case for fun and it caved in super easily.
Iā€™m gonna keep on the prowl for a plastic hard case with good dimensionsā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great idea mounting it in that manner, but I really want to maximize my standing platform on my board since itā€™s being top mounted. The shorter the better.
Idk Iā€™m gonna keep looking around for cases, especially hard cases, cause now that sleepless brings it up I really donā€™t want my shit to explode under someoneā€™s car.

2 Likes

So much standing room with these tiny dimensions.
If I mounted yours in this manner it would still have plenty of standing room, but the enclosure would be peeking over the edge of the board by a inch on each side, and that would annoy the shit out of me.
Or I could mount it lengthwise and sacrifice some standing platform.
We shall see where this goes.

1 Like

Oh its for a street board. I thought it was for mountainboard. yeah I tried using that same enclosure for a streetboard and I hated it. now I gotta find a better solution lol.

almost no footroom.

1 Like

Yup for a streetboard, I could get an enclosure for the bottom but I want to ride the pump track near me and not scrape so top mount we go.
Thatā€™s how I felt riding my evo with a big ass nanuk 905 on top. No fun lol.

1 Like

We have been re-watching. Love these movies.

And yes, good feeling :sunglasses:šŸ¤Œ

2 Likes

Mugged a bunch of people outside Chelsea Piers? :crazy_face:
This was the German TV crewā€™s car?

Oopsā€¦nvm.

1 Like

I posted the same thing twice by accident and was called out in t minus 30 seconds. We got caught in the rain and had to go back to Jersey in a car :confused:

1 Like

Same, but different haha. I think weā€™re at opposite ends of the globe too @BigBen

1 Like

This was just outside Perth, a few years back mind. Just got the old synapses firing when I saw your photo. (we donā€™t get pelicans usually)

1 Like

Ah, makes sense. It did seem very familiar. Hit me up for a cruise if you ever return to Perth as Iā€™ve got a few boards!!

2 Likes

Love to, we will when a little of this madness calms. Probably to Fremantle where my mates are. Which reminds me, I must send him that 44 that I keep promising him. :rofl:

1 Like